Howya Carl

How's yerself and alla them jung fellas keepen? Well, it's a sad state a affairs fer sure when it's left ta the likes a meself fer ta try ta answer yer cry ta the wry vs dry enigma. It's a mind boggler fer sure and I'd say meself that it might just be a matter of opinion, but as I take my lexiconography - like my sense a humour - very seriously, I'm open ta other opinions on me opinion.

Ta me, a wry sense a humour is sorta quirky - perhaps a bit offa the wall; while a person with a dry sense a humour has no sense a humour at all and are no fun or they just get the most basic of joaks.

A course, now I see that I've tied meself up in knots here cos I bet yer looken fer a few examples ta illustrate what I just said.

Ya know, being the generous sorta bear that I am, I think I'll leave that privilige ta some other AWAD scribe.

Meanwhile, I know you're fairly new here and may not realise that queries on words and meanings should really appear in the Questions and Answers about Words segmint a this forem. This segmint here is fer word play and fun only, and whereas I'm quite open minded about it, some peeple may be offended - and rightly so - at yer posten such a serious query in the wrong segmint.

Be seein ya

GallantTed

Last edited by GallantTed; 02/11/08 01:09 AM.