Dale, I do recognize that you intend to use Bill Gates as a symbol for what’s wrong with the software world, but it does get unimaginatively repetitious.

From the other posts I’ve seen of yours, you are better than that, so I don’t know how you got into that rut. But it’s your rut, so if you’re comfortable in it [shrugging-shoulder-e] I just skip over those posts and move to the other ones so it doesn't really annoy me.

As to the other argument, I’m up for a little debate. I think the argument doesn’t hold water.

When somebody first creates something, the hope is to create the best thing possible using the tools and knowledge at hand. You can’t know the future and what will be invented to screw up your invention. And, if some jerk then goes about making it his life’s mission to ruin the invention, how is that the fault of the creator?

It is a sad thing, but there are some people who revel in distruction. Instead of admiring the creation of a tower and helping to elaborate it, they have only the need to make it topple.

Last edited by belMarduk; 06/28/06 11:59 PM.