Mmmm. A rich cup of coffee in the morning gets the day started off well. I prefer the rounder-tasting coffees to the acidic varieties.

Father Steve, a good white chocolate is made from cocoa butter, a rich butter extracted from the cocoa beans when they are processed to get the chocolate liqueur. Since the product does come from the cocoa bean, I’m not sure how we can object to the name.

Unless you’re talking about those white pretend things, that have no cocoa butter in them at all (or the cocoa butter is dead last on the ingredient list), then, I agree that it can’t be called white chocolate. The name we have to use here is “confectionary”. Even that word is too pretty for that cr*p.

P.S. Have you ever visited a chocolate processor when they are roasting the beans…oh my god but it can put you off of your lunch. Imagine a sweating person who’s been exercising every day, hasn’t washed in four or five weeks and is standing in scorching sun, with a winter coat and scarf. That’s the smell.

Whenever we have somebody visit the plant, we make sure that we are not roasting beans when they come to visit. On non-roasting days though, the whole city smells of rich, warm chocolate – heavenly!