Ah-ha TEd, you're having a senior moment ...you sent me the plans for a pencil-post bed, not a bookcase.

It probably would have helped if I had the bookcase plans...since I've never done this before, I'll sometimes do something, realize I screwed up and have to do it all over again. Good thing I remember and don't do it again.

For example, I measure extremely closely and I make sure everything is as close to perfect as possible. Well, my movable shelves were exactly the 12x23 inches of the inside space. I realized that if they are perfectly snug, they'll scratch the finish on the unit when I move them. An eight off the side and back and the problem is fixed. Now I'll know for next time...but I did have 21 shelves to recut.

Do you have any hints on how to cut carved molding at an angle? I have molding going around the bottom and I want to make sure the corners look good. I got the straight pieces figured out very well but I'm not sure how to handle the molding. It's solid wood and was a tad expensive so I don't want to screw up. It looks a little like this (sideways).

oooo
oooooo
ooooooo
oooooo
ooo
oooooo
ooooooo
ooooooo
oooooooo
oooooooo
oooooooo
ooooooo