Rubbish. Absolute piffle, Rhu. The bloody horse was a bay gelding. It knew nothing about engines, but it did all the accountancy for the PIRA and most of their weapons purchases. It was called Gerry Adams. It ran at Newmarket but fell and banged its head. It became a Member of Parliament after that because it had lost most of its marbles.

Now, CK, will ye be gettin' in the next round of Guiness whilst I collect me thoughts.

That Bay Geldin' ye're talkin' about, now. You're a small distance off the right track, there. It could be that you are mixing him up with Bob Geldorf - a natural confusion, to be sure, I've done as much meself - but I t'ink you're refering to a horse of that description that lived in Co Derry. And that horse did indeed lose all his marbles, not jist the most of them - which you'll agree is a most necessary t'ing for any soul to become involved in anythin' to do with the Parli-a-ment, at all. The last I heard of him was that he'd become thoroughly banjaxed and had left the PIRA for the RIRA.