Ok, so I have a funny story, that just happens to have a pun added in for good measure. It is not often that I laugh Out Loud in genuine mirth, when someone tells one of those cute stories about their kids, or their relatives' kids. But this one had me howling......

My co-worker was telling a story of her brother's children, whose snooty mother does not allow them to chew gum, ever, because she considers it de´classe´. Well, it seems that one of the boys really, really likes gum, and will go to any lengths to obtain it: begging it from other children, asking adults to buy it for him, slipping coins into gumball machines in grocery stores.........all behind his mother's back, of course. But, his favorite, and apparently most successful, manner in getting his gum fix, is snagging the mother lode from underneath tables in restaurants! Gag! The mother seems to forget this everytime they go out to eat, and is always appalled and aghast upon discovering the wad of previously masticated gum, in her darling son's mouth, once they are in the car heading home.

I can just see the scene now: Snooty Mother glances in the rear view mirror to see why Junior is so uncharacteristically quiet in the back seat, and shrieks when she spies his mouth furiously working away (he must soften the specimen, after all) on what she suddenly knows must be his latest prize from under the restaraunt table.

Ok, so that part of the story had me laughing, but then when my other co-worker said "Oh, he was getting all his gum booty "Under the Table" I really howled!

Hmmmmmm, it doesn't sound so funny when I write it here......perhaps this is one of those 'you had to be there' things?!