Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Faldage Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
http://members.aol.com/Rom4Five/Ladlerat.html

For all of y'all whose native language is not English, this may be a little incomprehensible if you're not well grounded in the language. You really do have to read it aloud.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
wasted ladle gull hoe

Hey! Is he calling Little Red Riding Hood a ho! Bad enough she's a hood!

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Rehashed or not, it's a beauty. I've seen several different versions of it. I'm not sure which one is the "original".

- Pfranz

R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
Yes, well worth looking at agin, Faldage.

I've just realised who the autor is - it's Ænigma!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Howye fokes

That's all fierce well - but what's the pint of the hole thing? And if ya stook a spud in yer mouth would it sound normal?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
My hubby said it would be better to read it in an Elmer Fudd voice. For those of you who were unfortunate enough to be deprived of this childhood staple, and for those of you who would like to relive the giggles, go to
http://looneytunes.warnerbros.com/web/all_new_toons/home.jsp?ID=aluminum_chef_01

#99046 03/24/03 11:34 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
... and then run it through The Dialectizer:

http://rinkworks.com/dialect/

#99047 03/24/03 12:39 PM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
And then tear it up into little pieces. Throw it away. Then phone your local intelligence agency and tell them it was an encoded message containing the location of Saddam's nuclear weapons production facility.

Even the NSA's supercomputers would be stumped, but you'd at least get a laugh out of all the idiots running around. And all for Ladle Rad Ridden Horde.

- Pfranz

#99048 03/24/03 07:05 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Oh, ANNA, what a great thing! I LOVE that!! I put in a "story", and here's--er, 'ere's--what I sound like with a Cockney accent--I am rolling!

"Last night as I were copping ready for bed, sumfink on the bloody wall above the chuffin' headboard caught me attention. (I may 'ave mentioned before that if there is a bug anywhere in a room, right, I will spot it.) It 'ave a looked like a cross between a silverfish and a millipede. It were at least two inches long, and it were 'orrible! Blimey! I ran and got the flyswatter, but I were so nervous I didn't 'it 'im square, but 'e at least did fall dahn the wall, init? Then I couldn't stand the ffought that I might not 'ave killed it--sumfink like that creepin' 'round 'oo-knows-where wile I'm bloody well asleep?, then? No thank yer! Honest guv!! So I tugged the bloomin' bed out and seen the body. Then I ran and got the vacuum wiv its attachments, right, so I could suck 'im up from a safe distance--and do yer know, wen I touched 'im wiv that tube, he tried ter get oray?, isit? I 'ADN'T killed 'im! Struth! 'orrors! Oi! (I'm copping the shivers now, right, just finkin' about it.) I 'urried up and stuffed the vacuum hammer and tack into the hall closet, in case 'e still weren't dead and made 'is way hammer and tack out. Ew-w-w."

The one I wrote it for will recognize it as:
Last night as I was getting ready for bed, something on the wall above the headboard caught my attention. (I may have mentioned before that if there is a bug anywhere in a room, I will see it.) It looked like a cross between a silverfish http://www.westext.com/silverfish_picture.html and a millipede http://members.tripod.com/amyritchie/millipede.html. It was at least two inches long, and it was horrible!I ran and got the flyswatter, but I was so nervous I didn't hit him square, but he at least did fall down the wall. Then I couldn't stand the thought that I might not have killed it--something like that creeping around who-knows-where while I'm asleep?? No thank you!! So I tugged the bed out and saw the body. Then I ran and got the vacuum with its attachments, so I could suck him up from a safe distance--and do you know, when I touched him with that tube, he tried to get away?? I HADN'T killed him! Horrors! (I'm getting the shivers now, just thinking about it.) I hurried up and stuffed the vacuum back into the hall closet, in case he still wasn't dead and made his way back out. Ew-w-w.

#99049 03/24/03 10:14 PM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Mmm. Arthur Dent had problems with a fly he kept killing, too. He'd understand your problem, Jackie.

- Pfranz

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,317
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 759 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,534
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith