Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Found this while searching for Huddlelump as Bavarian slang.

>These pages contain words and expressions you most likely won't find in a normal dictionary. This is an experimental "internet collaborative project", which means that all entries are made by internet users. Dozens of languages, more than 3000 words and expressions in all. Any language can be added if requested! <

Click on "Contents":

http://www.notam02.no/~hcholm/altlang/

(Latin slang?...there's somethin' for ya, Faldage):

spucatum tauri...like that one!....lot of that going around here lately!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Love it, Juan. Spucatum is a new one for me. It's not even in my Feelthy words in Latin book. All they have is caco, merda, stercus and fimus, the last two being polite and the first, at least originally, babytalk.

#95075 02/10/03 08:40 AM
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
!!!!
Do you know that kind of persons that understand jokes and laugh...just five minutes after the end? That's me (at least about English sentences).So,I translated the sentence, and understood it... after a serious attempt to write an answer about the huge level of unpoliteness of caco, merda...
When I signed here, I would never suppose that I will eventually discuss this kind of things!

#95076 02/10/03 11:15 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I would never suppose that I will eventually discuss this kind of things!

It's language, emanuela.

#95077 02/10/03 02:03 PM
V
V
absolutely hilarious apparently, somebody spent a lot of time on Belorussian entries...and they are correct! well done!

#95078 02/10/03 02:13 PM
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
I like these from the Belorussian, Vika :

>pizdziczy ( adj )
extremely talkative Ex.: John vel'mi pizdziuczy bo jon moz*a pizdziec' pjac' hadzin biez perapynku. John is extremely talkative because he can speak for 5 hours with no breaks.

pizdziuk ( masc. noun, pl.: pizdziuki )
one who talks too much Ex.: John pizdziuk bo jon moz*a pizdziec' pjac' hadzin biez perapynku. John talks too much because he can speak for 5 hours with no breaks.<

Is pizdziczy pronounced pizh-zhi-zhy?

M
addict
addict
M
Am red-faced and mildly confused too. I always thought of slang as informal speech reflecting a change in language patterns that occurs in tandem with evolving socio-cultural mores. This site however seems to focus on informal speech with specific reference to only one subject. I tried many languages (at least seven or eight) and under each, the content was pretty much the same. Which brings me to two questions, one of which is relevant to the board.
1. Considering the nature of the bulk of the contents, should there be a new word concocted for subject specific slang such as this? Is there one already?
2. (mental ramble)It seems to me that the creator of the site is looking for contributions of expressions of slang. Yet the persistent emphasis by contributors on one matter alone leaves me feeling bewildered and wondering as to the reasons why?
I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but at the same time, can't ignore the fact that I am somewhat bothered.
Have I misunderstood and misinterpreted slang all along?

Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
maahey, here's something on The History of Slang I found as an old discussion on this board which may be helpful (thanks, Jackie!):

http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=miscellany&Number=61565

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith