Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
R
THE EMERALD WORDAPALOOZA

Is now up and running. Now is the time to jump on board the wagon!!!

WHERE? LETTERMORE, in COUNTY GALWAY
The venue is now definitely at Lettermore, in County Galway, in the west of Ireland. It is a spectacularly beautiful location, on a smallish island which is attached to the mainland by a bridge. As Rubrick says, “Lettermore looks idyllic on its island - - - Lettermore is near Rossaveal where you can take the ferry to Inis Mor, the largest of the Aran's where I was in December.”

WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?
Go to http://www.irelandwestholidayhomes.com/galway.asp and type in
Scs0854901 for the Lettermore accommodation. Place the number in the text field located on the map.

WHEN the WEEK 15th to 22nd JUNE inclusive

We have booked four cottages, each sleeping six people, for the week 15th to 22nd June inclusive – they are modern places with one double bed and four singles each, bed linen is supplied but not towels. (but towel hire can be arranged if you let us know in advance.) Each cottage has a shower, but I don’t think they have a bath.
They are easy walking distance from the beach (about a mile) 500 yards from a shop and about a mile from the nearest bar.

HOW MUCH?

The cost per person for the accomodation is a little less than €100 per person.
That amount will allow a small amount of the domestic necessities. There will be some extras for food and for a breakage deposit. At a rough guess, I think it will come to round about € 160 each for the week, give or take a bit.
At present, the €uro is roughly equal to the dollar.

It will help us immensely if you can pay € 100 up front, please, and as soon as possible.
Send cheques made out to the Euro amount to:

J.Richardson
Information Systems Services
200 Pearse Street
Trinity College
Dublin 2
Ireland

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
A personal check from an American bank or a cashiers check from same?

W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
I would bet a personal check would do fine, wouldn't it, since it would have plenty of time to clear if you sent it, say, early February?

But I'll stand to be corrected.

W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
And, Rhuby, those cottages and that location are sweet! What a great view!

R
addict
addict
R
Yes, they are nice, aren't they? And just a few miles away from where they filmed The Quiet Man.

Oh, that's €100 per person, btw. And made out to J. Richardson, if you please - not cash!!! There should be loads of time to clear it but the sooner I get it the better as bookings tend to mount up in early Feb.

W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Only a few miles from where they filmed The Quiet Man??? Oh, my heart is glad today.

Now somewhere someone mentioned an airline that is offering really great deals on roundtrip flights from the US to Europe.

Without naming that airline here, will someone please PM me at Wordwind here to let me know the name of that airline or business group that's making the offer?

Many thanks in advance,
WW

M
old hand
old hand
M
aaaaaaaaaaaOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo

(howl of disappointment that I can't make it)

Unless....does anyone know of any cheap flights from Canada to Ireland?! because I can afford the accommo!

hm...off to ring my travel agent....

R
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
R
We are having to find money for deposits more or less immediately. We can probably underwrite this on a short term basis, but we really do need your cheques quite quickly, if at all possible, please.

W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Rhuby:

I'll mail mine just before the end of January so you all will have it sometime the first week of February.

Thanks for taking care of all this!!! Big hug!!!

Best regards,
WW

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I may get jumped on for commercializing, but there's always Paypal. I recently sent $500 to a friend in Australia for a painting, and she got it transferred to her bank account within half an hour after I pushed the send button.

If this is OK, I'd need only your email address. I want to reserve four beds, for me, Peggy, and the kids.

TEd

TEd
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 435 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith