Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
#76573 08/13/02 02:09 PM
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
BY:

You said:

I'm a bit loopy though, so don't mind me. I mean, I want to radically revalue the normative value of race and division in writing, and history, for myself. I want to wend my way back down the ladder of genetic memory and sense the unbroken chain of life that has led us here. I want to return to the source; centre myself; find divinity and hope; and raise the dead – not create them.

As to the first sentence, I guess I have to agree with you. As to the rest of this paragraph, frankly, it's in English but I am unable to make any sense out of it.

One last word, BY, and then I am going to stop this senseless undialogue in which I speak English and you speak some unintelligible language that masquerades as
English:

I resent bitterly your statement that I would under any circumstances applaud the attacks on the World Trade Center. Your statement goes far beyond decency. And if you had any of it I would expect you to withdraw what you said and apologize to me. But I doubt that you have any decency.

TEd

TEd
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
TEd, firstly, "Silverado/Why don't you come to your senses?" was a whimsical parody of the Eagles' song "Desperado," alluding to Silverado having been swept under the carpet and forgotten, and that folks, in general, should open their eyes to the "business" doings of the Bushes. It was in no way an attempt of any kind at personal belittlement, and I apologize if it sounded that way.

Ditto the "naive, foolish, and gullible" comment referring to the Zapruder film clip...I still stand by that statement, that anyone, in the generic sense, who views the Zapruder film and still believes the head shot came from the rear as per the Warren Commission, and that Oswald acted alone, has to possess one, or all, of the three named qualities. That was not, however, a comment directed to you, personally, TEd, or about your beliefs or theories about JFK's assassination. That's why I added the "IMHO" at the end. I still remember, as clear as day, the first time they aired the film. I was viewing it with people of mixed political backgrounds, and the moment we saw that shot hit his head there was a joint sigh of relief and immediate consensus that "well, there it is...now we know there was another shot from the front and more than one shooter. Maybe now we'll find out what really happened." But, then, the "powers that be" announced they had to do a "thorough" investigation of the film, eventually offering the absurd physics-defying "conclusion" that the obvious shot-in-question also came from the rear, and that the impact made it look like he was hit from the front...please. (not a personally directed please). But I was personally insulted and infuriated, even at that young age, that I was being played for such a fool. If the government wasn't involved in the shooting, they were certainly involved in the cover-up.

#76575 08/13/02 02:31 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
In reply to:

I'm a bit loopy though, so don't mind me. I mean, I want to radically revalue the normative value of race and division in writing, and history, for myself. I want to wend my way back down the ladder of genetic memory and sense the unbroken chain of life that has led us here. I want to return to the source; centre myself; find divinity and hope; and raise the dead – not create them.

I think what BY is saying, rather poetically, I think, is that we are all one, and he wishes for us to remember that and return to that as a way of life. we need to work at erasing all the barriers that time has erected...

formerly known as etaoin...
#76576 08/13/02 06:03 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Oh, I doubt you are correct about government conspiracies, Ted. I'm not pointing at the US government in particular here, just governments in general. They all conspire. Maybe not very competently, but they conspire.

And then a really good conspiracy can be hidden within a less well hidden one. Not everyone in government is a dumb flunky. Some of them can think and plot. I'm sure that some of them are capable of constructing a conspiracy that would work. Often, I would imagine, the trick is to know what the desired outcome is - it may not be the obvious one.

FWIW

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
#76577 08/13/02 09:24 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
And then a really good conspiracy can be hidden within a less well hidden one.
You are right, CK. [shiver]

#76578 08/13/02 10:32 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
a really good conspiracy can be hidden within a less well hidden one

A successful conspiracy disguised as an unsuccessful conspiracy. Brilliant.

#76579 08/13/02 10:52 PM
S
sjm Offline
old hand
old hand
S
>And then a really good conspiracy can be hidden within a less well hidden one.

Spooky, Mulder.

#76580 08/14/02 01:33 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
A successful conspiracy disguised as an unsuccessful conspiracy
No, not disguised as. Hidden within. Not the same thing at all. Signed, Scully.

#76581 08/14/02 11:02 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Hidden within/disguised as

And y'all accuse *me of being a pedantic nit picker.

#76582 08/14/02 12:39 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Hidden within/disguised as

And y'all accuse *me of being a pedantic nit picker.

Or would that be The Cigarette Smoking Man...hmmm? Or, perhaps, you're a nit-picking hybrid?

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 435 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith