Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
#76583 08/14/02 03:25 PM
D
dxb Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D
Conspiracy theories are all good fun, but any one who has worked for a large organisation will know how difficult they must be to implement. The guy(s) at the top may, just possibly, have a clear idea of what they want to achieve, but by the time the message reaches the execution layer in the business it has been warped by private agendas and the Chinese Whispers effect so that the result is usually some way away from what was intended. When I hear “The oil companies are running things” my reaction is “They wish!”. I'm sure they try, just like governments do, but I doubt if either one is often successful! A plan can only be kept on track by constant nurturing and attention and that tends to destroy the conspiratorial nature of it and bring things out into the open.

dxb

#76584 08/15/02 04:21 PM
V
V
I wonder weather this thread will ever die out or it’ll go forever. I can imagine our descendants discussing - was there an attack on the World Trade Centre or it’s just a legend like Icarus’ fall from the skies?

The bad thing about it that the more I read this the less I like what people like belligerentyouth say although I supported his (?) posts in the beginning because it became propaganda plus occasional personal insults.

I still disagree with TEd but I’d like to applaud to his valiant struggle against the majority.

#76585 08/16/02 02:47 PM
B
old hand
old hand
B
> the less I like what people like belligerentyouth say

Right! I don't like what I've said either in fact. It's all crap really - it isn't even real English I'm told, and it's completely unrepresentative of my true thoughts to boot. It's a bunch of bollocks really, because it is all just infantile symbols, conceived by neanderthal males, and thrown out onto a virtual page. And this war I've waged against myself here in the stuff I wrote above gets me and others nowhere - I'm just dreaming, you see. I actually loathe myself and humanity, and threads like this just fed the contept I really harbour against myself and all others. Besides, I actually support conflict, and why should conflict of a violent and physical nature not be helpful in propelling humanity forward towards something better? Surely every event has a positive outcome regardless of whether it is a negative act or not. And a passion for destruction is also a creative passion. So let's go to war - as soon as I find a suitable foe I'm loading up. I'm getting a warm tingly feeling already - what a way to go out: in a blaze of glory. It's all the natural way anyway; it's the way of the world; we are all just selfish beings, constantly enslaving ourselves and others. And as for terrorism, well, it's nothing other than the surgical strike capability of the oppressed.

[off to a training camp]

#76586 08/16/02 04:20 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I don't think this is an appropriate thread for linguaphiles; which I why I don't read it (just scrolled down to the bottom, on page 2, and made a coffee while waiting). It might be polite, however, to re-start it, as tsuwm has indicated, for those who still wish to follow it.

#76587 08/16/02 09:14 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
J'accuse!

Now, where did I see that before?

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
#76588 08/16/02 09:32 PM
W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Destruction is the easy route. It really is. Turn genius toward destruction: that's the easy way.

Now: Try to love...try to bring out peace...try to encourage...try to make people believe in their capacity to love, to bring out peace, to encourage...those are harder things. Try to teach tolerance...try to understand...try to be a slave to peace...well, that's a harder route, but a truer one, because it means you have to sacrifice your time so that others might have a chance to enjoy more breaths they take. There are times for belligerence--for fighting the fight--but how best to bring about peace? That's the hard thing, but, in my view, the necessary one. Some people just don't want peace. They need a foe. They need a bad guy. They need destruction. But what about love and caring and hoping that people will have more opportunities to embrace the brief lives they've been given? I don't see any good in bombing people--in hurting them--in causing pain. I'm embarrassed that I even voted for Bush (I felt I had no choice) because he has now wanted to destroy without just cause. No, I don't believe bombing belligerence is what will work for the good of the whole. Take a look at that old classic "Wild Stawberries"--and be drawn in again to a vision of what we could have had...

#76589 08/16/02 10:05 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>>Some people just don't want peace. They need a foe. They need a bad guy. They need destruction.

Too bad when it's the guy who calls the shots. Literally, in this case ...

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
#76590 08/17/02 06:56 PM
W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
BY, fess up now, you're a "Shadow", aincha? Or perhaps a Vorlon counter-spy?
(See Babylon 5 on your local television outlets)

Everytime someone talks about going out and opening a can of whoop ass on "them" I cannot help but wonder which "Them" the combatant-one is planning to whup.
And who will take the place of them.
We already know who.
And who gave anyone the right to decide what's best for us?
It's us against Them , or is it a Pogo?
"We have met the enemy and he is us." "Pogo"© by Walt Kelly.
The phrase New Order sends icy shivers down my back.
I think I'll start another place for this.

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith