Page 1 of 2 1 2
#74792 07/02/02 10:17 PM
R
Rosten Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
This is keiva speaking. I use this name because I am unable to posts under the name keiva; whether due to the site or to my computer I do not know.

In recent days several people have, in various phraseology, described me as being seriously mentally disturbed. Retractions have been demanded from some of these people.

=====================================

I request and demand of AnnaStrophic and Bobyoungbalt that they retract all statements they made regarding my mental condition, particularly those in the thread at
http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=73137

I request and demand of modestgoddess and wwh that they retract all statements they made accusing me of "blackmail" and of "extortion", each of which are criminal acts.

The above refers specifically but without limitation to the following posts:
AnnaStrophic's posts #73904 and #73906 on Thu June 20, at 12:39:06 and at 13:05:07
Bobyoungbalt's post #73846 on Wed June 19 at 23:07:37
modestgoddess's post #75107 today at 12:48:32
wwh's posts: too numerous to to itemize conveniently

#74793 07/03/02 12:39 AM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Dear Rosten (kowski?) I cheerfully retract remarks about your having used extortion and
blackmail. I will merely assert that you are unwelcome to post in AWADtalk.

However the circumstances suggested very strongly that you misbehaved in a very
contemptible way.

#74794 07/03/02 12:58 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I am Sparticus.

#74795 07/03/02 02:41 AM
M
old hand
old hand
M
Dear Rosten (kowski?) I cheerfully retract remarks about your having used extortion and blackmail. I will merely assert that you are unwelcome to post in AWADtalk.

However the circumstances suggested very strongly that you misbehaved in a very contemptible way.

(borrowing Bill's words to convey my own sentiment)

Let us go in peace to love and serve the board.

M
old hand
old hand
M
Now there you go again Chicago,
attempting to intimidate by legalities the good and far fetched folk who you would have about as much chance to extradite as a citizen of Mars.

Hey, I agree that some of the good citizens of this board have been flaming (oh how I hate that word) and are intemperate in words and thought. Big deal! Tough shit! Your own guarded but still inflammatory remarks preclude libel action.
I wonder. Why does a man with a brilliant mind beat dead horses?
Best of luck Keiva, your adversaries are a motley crew, but to your misfortune you come across as motlier.

Best wishes,
Milo

#74797 07/03/02 12:01 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
as person with no background in science, any comments i might have made about Keiva's mental state, would have no standing.. but should any one be laboring under the impression my public opinion of him is sound medical diagnois, will hereby cheerfull retract.

that i person think Keiva is an unhanded, slimey bully remains unchanged, and perhaps re-enforceds by his clear statement that he wished to cause harm to many who post here. I personal think he give a bad name to lawyers.

he's is a welcome here as pile of manure in the hot summer sun.

#74798 07/03/02 12:46 PM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Keiva: I will re-phrase things.
1 . We never ;had a flame war until you became a member.
2. It got so bad Wordsmith made Jackie administrator with power to ban offenders.
3. Sweet reasonable Jackie banned you.
4. You called Wordsmith and "persuaded" him to re-instate you.
5. It seems highly probable your "persuasion" consisted of making him aware
that he might be in jeopardy of a lawsuit. Such "persuasion" is so close
to intimidation that it resembles blackmail and extortion.
6, You are not and never will be welcome on AWADtalk.

#74799 07/03/02 01:30 PM
old hand
old hand
Keiva -

I am astonished that someone whose stated occupation would indicate the completion of law school has so little grounding in the fundamental tenets of libel law. Libel, as explained by Internet Law Focus (http://www.wave.net/immigration/lawyer/libel.html), is:

"(T)he publication of a false statement, (and is not a privileged communication) which injures one's business or personal reputation. A plaintiff who sues for Libel must prove all of the above and be able to demonstrate some type of resulting damage."

Libel does *not* cover the expression of opinion in a forum such as this. It is my opinion that you are a capering halfwit whose incessant blathering is worth no more than the excretia of an encephalitic toad. That's not libel, it's just my opinion. It just so happens that I suspect more than a handful of people in this forum would agree with that opinion.

It's one thing to be libeled, have material harm come to you, and to defend yourself using the court system. It's quite another thing to use the threat of lawsuits to silence dissent, discourse, disagreement, and the expression of opinion; that's called censorship. This court of public opinion has spoken, and you haven't been listening.

M
old hand
old hand
M
God Bless Fiberbabe! hurrah!

Let us go in peace to love and serve the board.

#74801 07/03/02 01:53 PM
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Dear Rosfive, I cheerfully retract remarks I never made about your having used extortion and blackmail. I will merely assert that you are unwelcome to post in AWADtalk and that you are, in my opinion, criminally "creepy" (thanks tsuwm).

The Lone Haranguer

The Lone Haranguer
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith