About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#72891 06/15/02 06:14 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I have a american speaker question for adam, but the queen is looking quite spiffy in her new outfit that I should be paying attention instead of asking the *proverbial unanswerable question.

Welcome back, juan.

#72892 06/15/02 06:32 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
yes, and one has to wonder about coincidences.. Like WO'N, won, Juan, and even Adam's interest in won, or is that WO'N, or Juan?

Sock puppet's can be transparent to more than one person. and its so easy to have your sock puppet feed you a line.. and together you can play games, isn't it so? oh, my how clever you are, when you talk to yourself. the conversations at your dinner table must be facinating!

Most of the sock puppets on the awad of late are pretty one dimentional. they don't pretend to be anything but gadflys, that buzz in and out, trying to annoy keiva.

but everytime that happens, there is, at the same time a sudden influx of new users, who come and post for the very first time! these user spring to life from foriegn countries, with cute little faux pas in their spelling, asking petty little questions.. they come complete with history, and arrive, oh, 10 to 15 minutes after a gadfly has successfully bitten keiva! its a pretty consistant pattern. Now, let me think? do i know anyone who's behavior can be identified by lies, deciet, and patterns?

think about it! Now, Adam, you did say your name was Adam, just what did you want to know about the word won?
i can tell you, its the opposite of lost.
Do you know the word loser? a loser is the one who didn't win. but the word also has a more general meaning. it means a sad, pitiful person, the kind that destroys the playground, gets banned, and then complains that he was banned, and when he gets let back in, has no one to play with, he makes up friends for himself. imaginary friends.. their the only kind a loser has.

#72893 06/15/02 07:20 PM
A
adam Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Did I say something bad? What's your point, I don't get it? Could you tell me it straight. thanks

#72894 06/15/02 07:45 PM
K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
With all respect, ma'am, I am not adam, nor do I have the slightest idea who adam is. If I were creating doppelgangers, why use one for a post like adam's at the start of this thread?

What would it gain me? Doppelganger-names like "equalizer" serve an obvious function in what we might call the "Great Debate" (there have been 17(!) of them there¹; indeed, that debate has been heavily infested with doppelgangers) -- but adam is not speaking in that matter.

It speaks well of you that you are one of the few people (I count only two) who routinely has the courage to conduct the "Great Debate" under their regular screen-name. One admires the "courage of one's convictions", even if one disagrees with the convictions or tactics themselves.

You are one who has had that courage.
I am the other.²

¹ In the traditions of "archie": (1) archedbrow; (2) Annagraham; (3) arosebyanyname; (4) equalizer; (5) Pheonix; (6) PissandMoan; (7) RawNerve; (8) scorpionstings; (9) SickandTired; (10) Snoot; and, going back a bit farther in time: (11) debunker; (12) RumShotGiles; (13) MrSoHugeList; (14) GimletsHours; (15) Egotism Hurls; (16) MisterGhouls; (17) gizmoHustler

² Of course, each of us doubtless suspects the other of also using doppelgangers in that Debate.

#72895 06/15/02 07:47 PM
K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
adam asks, Did I said something bad?

Nothing you did wrong, adam. You just happened to walk in at a time when people are suspicious and edgy.

#72896 06/15/02 07:48 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I understand your concern, adam. It seems as if your inconsistant use/nonuse of contractions suggest you are *pulling our leg* about your inability to use, understand or hear the English language, but, then again, that's not what we speak here, anyway.

It'll all be fine, don't worry.

[edit]

"equalizer" serve an obvious function Obvious to you, maybe.

why use one for a post like adam's at the start of this thread?

Adam, it is *statements like this, which show a lack of respect for our intelligence made under the precept of "with all respect", that makes us a little "suspicious".

[ps. I call them *statements because, obviously, that's their function )

#72897 06/15/02 07:55 PM
K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
adam, I see that you and I are on-line simultaneously. Could you please stay on-line for a few minutes, so that musick can verify the the two of us show up simultaneously on the "who's on-line" screen? That may help convince musick that you and I are indeed separate people.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
hey musick, did you ever hear of a home network? or DSL lines? they have some great features i hear, 2 people with 2 computers can log on at the same time! and even more amazing, 1 person can log on two computers at the same time, would you believe it? why some one could be adam and keiva right at the same time!

and do you remember a user called AphonicRants? he log on before Keiva was banned, Oh, forgot, Aphonic Rants was Keiva's sock puppet, so i guess keiva just told a white one... and he has also used sock puppets..

thing is, piss and moan, and RawNerve, and equalizer, why they don't pretend to be anything but old timers hidding. but AphonicRant was a phony, and really got pissed when JHM outted him. he thought he was fooling everybody then too...

guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks, can you? and maybe sometime, even on the internet, someone does know a dog.

#72899 06/15/02 08:28 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I don't know where you got the idea that I think you and adam are the same people. I'd be more apt to think you were juan, but.

Talk about "suspicious"... at least we are defining a word here.

Hey adam, suspicious is pronounced "sa - spi - shus".

K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
Have we now gotten to the point that an innocent newcomer cannot make his maiden post without being attacked?"

[Post-edit regarding musick's response below: I speak of asserts attacks made by of-troy, not by musick; that's clear if you view in threaded mode.]

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith