Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
M
Geoff's deliciously horrible Brewster the Rooster pun reminds me of another (merely because both are word plays!):

The office supervisor was having a terrible time with a decision that had been handed down to him by his superior. Because of downsizing, he had to lay off one of his two data processors. He had to choose between Jack and Linda, and because both did such great work, he just couldn't decide which. Finally he made up his mind - to leave it to fate. The dirty deed had to be done on Monday, so whichever of the two of them went to the water cooler first was the one that would have to go. It was arbitrary but it was the best he could come up with.

Monday morning rolled around, and Linda got to work before Jack. She looked terrible, like she'd really partied hard over the weekend, and yup, there she went to the water cooler for a little rehydration. The supervisor walked up to her and said, "Linda, I'm really sorry, but I'm faced with a difficult decision. I have to lay you or Jack off."

Linda replied, "Then would you please jack off, I've got a terrible headache."

W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
...and another one with no comeback...{/yellow]

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
Sorry, Geoff, I thought Rooster the Brewster was unbeatable, but this one is good, too.

Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public. Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire.
-Dr. George W. Crane

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,316
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 621 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,533
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith