About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
of troy Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
I am slightly jealous of Sparteye's wonderful games, and i am making yet an other stab...
The object of this game its to find an interesting, slighty esoteric word, to describe or define someone..(generaly a complimentary one, but we will allow some lee way, for very interesting words or concepts)

to start, i would like to say to Ted, how thrilled i am to know someone like you.. you are a wonderful paronomasiac!

which Ted? why the one who is adept at paronomasia, of course! not that he is the only one here, but he does stand out.

L
L
Since her new elevation, Jackie is a great funambulist.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Capital Kiwi is a wonderful ratiocinationist.

of troy Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jackie, re: Capital Kiwi is a wonderful ratiocinationist that he is, but am more inclined to see the other side of him. i think, many of his post would lead me to say he is wonderfully gelogenic!

but surely there are other words for CK, and me, and jackie.. come on... what would you call me?

#69164 05/09/02 12:07 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
An inspiration.

But apropos of nothing, I am somehow reminded of the story my father told me about WW II. He had a cousin who worked at a shipyard in St Louis, where they made LSTs. They sent one of them down the ways into the water, where it promptly capsized and went to the bottom. They raised her, cleaned her out and launched her again. This time a seam split.

This happened so many times that there was eventually a story in Life Magazine about this ill-fated vessel. The headline, of course, read "The ship that faced a thousand launches."

Actually my father didn't tell me that one. I sort of coined it and told him. And he stole it from me!

TEd
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
what would you call me?
Helen! This will seem a little odd, but I LOVE the pronunciation I want to give this, so I will say you are a wonderful toties quoties.

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,317
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 583 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,534
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith