Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#65570 04/16/02 09:10 PM
K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
let's just say that their parameters were broad.

Giving new meaning to the line from South Pacific: She is broad where a broad should be broad.

#65571 04/17/02 09:42 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Howye fokes

Fer yer infermation - I have a announcement ta make(this comment is just ta keep me back covered)

I'll tell ye, I'm shaken in me fur writen this, afraid that someone will give out ta poor Ted fer posten in the wrong section. Anyways, as me manners always come furst, and as a Member I have ta show a good example ta them journeymen, I felt that I just had ta thank everyone fer their good wishes on me becomin a member.

Thank ye all very much and fer yer wishes. And fer them what do be questionen me intillict - just remember that intelligince is nothin more than a state of mind.

Be seein ya

GallantTed

PS Is this the right section if ya want ta announce yer burthday or somethin like that? Also, I've just been released from prison after five days hard labour worken in Goldilock's sweat factory where she had me maken silk purses outa sows' ears. Where will I put that?

#65572 04/17/02 09:53 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Howye again fokes

A taught just struck me. How about starten a Denouncemint of Misinfermation section? Mabee that could solve some of our* problems.

Be seein ya

GallantTed

*used very loosy - but I am a Member now after all.

#65573 04/17/02 10:12 PM
J
jmh Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
J
Ted

You will allow us a little hesitation. We are not really used to having teddy bears in our midst and we were so concerned about you after the Goldilocks fiasco that we failed to point out that really I&E isn't the place. I think that Miscellany would be good and you are quite right to suggest that you seek out another location for your thoughts, however fascinating.

Delightful to hear from you.

Kind regards

Jo

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
OK o'Gallant one, here it is. Denounce all the misinformation you want, just make sure you get *right, cuz if you don't it may very well *have to be moved to Miscellany, or worse yet, Wordplay and Fun.

...some of our* problems

I see you're using the *preferred method of asterisking. They way I use it is: at the beginning of a word to note the meaning is subject to another whole discussion (possibly one that has already taken place) - or - the meaning of the word is *clearly understood by yours truly differently than most of the rest of the planet.

I hope that bit of *information helps your 'membership' grow. I'll reserve *defining the various types and usages of quotation marks for someone, no, anyone else!

Hey Juan, didja notice how he spelt 'looselee'?

#65575 04/18/02 03:11 PM
J
jmh Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
J
our*

I thought it was *problems - obviously missed the significabilty of the space! ;-)

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Hey Juan, didja notice how he spelt 'looselee'?
or "loosy"?

Yeah, he must've been reading too many of your posts!

And who's Juan?

The Only WO'N!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Well, if it's not you, it must be one of the Corleones. Where's the Don, Juan?

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
That's Don WO'N...to more ladies on more continents than your ears of envy would like to hear, sir.

The Only WO'N!

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Howye fokes

I feel it's me duty as a Member ta have ta pick ye up on a few pints.

Furstly, me use of the word "loosy" was a genwine typen error and should have read "loosly". I think ye might be getten a biteen pendantic - worser than a milestone around me neck.

Second, I used the asterick as a foot note - ta clarify me use of the word "our" - just in case the AWAD pleece might think that I was taken liberties, although I'm quite sure that it's a Members privlige ta feel included and ta fret over the welfare of this forem.

Ya know, the responsibility of been a Member is beginnin ta effect me nerves. Is there any way ya can re-apply ta become a journeyman again?

Be seein ya

GallantTed

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 435 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith