Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
W
Carpal Tunnel
OP Online Content
Carpal Tunnel
W
warning - geek alert

Can anyone tell me what happens to posts while they're being edited? Are they still visible in their previous form, or are they temporarily off-line while being revised?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I think they're still visible in their original form, wofa. I've had posts answered while I was editing them, and I've answered posts while they were being edited.

R
addict
addict
R
Can anyone tell me what happens to posts while they're being edited? Are they still visible in their previous form, or are they temporarily off-line while being revised?

Being basically html web documents the unedited posts will remain visible until they have been updated and published. When you submit your edited post there is a time lapse after which you will see the standard 'submitted' message. This lapse is the period during which your post is uploaded to the AWAD server.
Any member currently viewing your post will still see the unedited version until they reload/refresh their browser. This also applies to new posts, of course.

The only thing I don't like about the editing option on this site is that it does not update the time and date (or position on the thread) accordingly. Some form of time stamp for editing would be very useful.

W
Carpal Tunnel
OP Online Content
Carpal Tunnel
W
Speaking of useful things, is there an "underline" function I've not located? [u] doesn't do it.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I have a question, too, please. Quite often I'll have more than one screen; I'll be in, say, showflat, and in another maybe I'll be sending a PM. Which one of them will Who's Online show?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
The Who's Online Page records the Last Activity..

So, if you open 2 windows of AWAD, and are view posts.. that's what it shows.. but you click in to reply to one.. now your are at a reply, until you do something to change your status again.. ( any click of the mouse, that take you to any link.. will cause an update.. and if you open AWAD, at thread, and then go off to make coffee, and get distracted when you drop the can of coffee, and start to sweep up the mess, and realize you should give the floor a mop, and 20 minutes goes by... even though you are still logged in, you activity will show you are not on line. (after 10 minutes.. it goes blank!)

R
addict
addict
R
Speaking of useful things, is there an "underline" function I've not located? [u] doesn't do it.

No, you can't do it in markup. All of the available markup features are listed in the FAQ link at the top of the page.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Since everyone is asking questions, here's mine: is there a way to go directly to the last post on a thread (rather than hitting Show All, waiting for stuff to load, and then scrolling down)? Hmmm - pretty lazy of me, huh?

K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
boronia, if you set your Profile preferences to show 99 posts per page, it will minimize the need to hit "show all" and wait for it. (which, I agree, can be an incredible frustration)

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
merci, Keiva

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,315
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 247 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,532
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith