Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
M
I can't contact you through your profile, but you are listed as online at the time I am writing this. No matter what I try, I can't get the AWAD board to recognise my ICQ as active. My contacts can reach me, but my ICQ still shows up as disabled in my profile, with the wilted grey flower icon. How have you got yours configured? Are you running behind a firewall? I hope you see this in time, thanks
Max

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, the measles of humanity" - Albert Einstein

A
A
Hmn, are you actually on icq at the time?
If you're not on icq then that's your answer.
Also, your icq configuration might be different. If you set it so that people can't see you're online from the web then you certainly can't blame AWAD or ICQ for it.

A
A
Yup, looks like it's the last thing I wrote that's wrong. I searched for you on ICQ and even there it says that it's disabled. Must be your ICQ settings. To change this click on the ICQ button on the ICQ toolbar, then go to "preferences and security" then to "security and privacy" then make sure that under the "security" tab you have checked the box under "web aware."

I've also figured out why my username doesn't work. People were right, it is the plus sign. Apparently internet browsers and searches don't recognise it and think it's the word "apples" and the word "oranges" resulting in "apples oranges" which does not exist in the AWAD database.

Maybe I should get a new user name. Too bad, I was getting so close to becoming a "newbie."

M
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
M
Also, your icq configuration might be different. If you set it so that people can't see you're online from the web then you certainly can't blame AWAD or ICQ for it.

My post was certainly not intended as an attempt to assign "blame", merely a request for assistance. Your kind suggestion was exactly on the money. I enabled web-aware, eat, viola! I am very new to ICQ, I have only had it running for a week or so. Whenever I can't do what others are able to, I assume that I must be doing something wrong, and so it proved to be in this instance. Again, I thank you for helping me out.

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, the measles of humanity" - Albert Einstein

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 435 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith