OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Experts Suggest Bush Receive Additional
Tests to Rule Out Heart Problems

Anyone seen Cheney?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Choked on a pretzel, huh?

I think he fell down drunk...that the abrasion on his face was too obvious to conceal completely with make-up, and so they had to spin it. Then President Bush commented the next day on-camera that his glasses did that. Oops...wasn't 'sposed to say that, was he?...'sposed to just stick with the good ol' 'mother-said' jokes. Only a carpet-burn or table abrasion could produce an injury like that...and the force of a good fall...not a faint from a couch. Strickly a one-issue, non-partisan observation...but I do hope somebody else is holding the nuclear button

K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered altitude and spotted a man below. She descended a bit more and shouted, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man consulted his GPS. "You're in a hot air balloon approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2346 feet above sea level. You are 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude."

"You must be a republican," said the balloonist. "I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I am still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help so far."

The man responded, "You must be a democrat." "I am," replied the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you are going. You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise, which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault.

political shots go both ways.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
political shots go both ways.

Of course! Putting the spin on to conceal Presidential health and personal problems is a time-honored tradition! All parties equally guilty...and that includes the Whigs!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
This is an argument about being right when you claim to be to the right of the extreme right, right?

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Jeez, I just asked if anyone had seen Cheney! Innocent question enough, I supposed. And yes, if you keep turning right, right, right, or left, left, left you come full circle. If you do it fast, you are spinning. Then you get dizzy and fall down. I thought everybody knew that.

#53019 01/16/02 12:54 PM
old hand
old hand
They did not tell, after all, what he used to wash down the pretzel... Nitroglycerol is still used for some heart conditions..

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Why do I suspect it was more likely to be a large quantity of bourbon (or similar)?

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
old hand
old hand
> Choked on a pretzel, huh?

Cynical B's of the World Unite!!

WO'N I so agree with you!!

stales

#53022 01/16/02 04:47 PM
K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
I think he fell down drunk I so agree with you!!

Cross-threading to last week's theme of words from sports:

We used to take cheap shots at fellow ayleurs; I suppose it is a form of progress that we are now instead taking them at third parties. [bemused smile -e] Insofar as I can tell, however, there is reason (except idle speculation) to believe that "shots" of alcohol were involved.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith