Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
jmh Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
J
Oh - how strange. It must be the impending Autumn, making us Northern Hemisphere types go all dewy eyed. I just spotted this thread!

The salt discussion had reminded me, only this morning, of how we moved from "often" to folk music and beyond in the early days. It just goes to prove that none of us can be too high and mighty about our ability to stay on-topic. We had baby AnnaS there too. I brought it to the top of Q&A for a while for flat-moders, I couldn't get beyond the first page, even in threaded mode when it lingered at the bottom of the pile. Have a look at more baby photos http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=words&Number=1717 I wouldn't rate it as "the best" but it is a good example of our word-association meanderings.

I've just found the older version of "Graduation". AnnaS's short thread, aptly named "Strangers in Paradise" - is almost like being in the delivery room! http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=235

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
max's 'ghoti on a bike' post reminded me of the day fishonabike showed up:

http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=wordplay&Number=5816

Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Thanks for the helpful hints, Jazzo! And I loved your idea about an historical threads list so I added it as a separate thread adjacent to the Best Threads List on "Information for Newcomers" on I & A. It seems this is going to unfold in a more informal manner than I first anticipated, so for organization's sake I set-up those threads so I can C & P submitted threads over as they come in. Please include the subject name, forum name, date, and page URL for each thread submitted. I think keeping this simple and less complicated is the best route. I'm sure we can trust everyone's integrity in this matter. And, besides, there is really no expedient way to take an anonymous vote here (short of endless PMing...I guess this is one of those times that illustrates the asset of a chat-space on this site...right, Sparteye?). And since there's a chance thread-originators' feelings could be hurt by a public vote I think we could all agree that's not a good course to follow. I entered the "time on my hands" in the Best Threads List and "graduation" in the Milestones/Historical Threads List as a sampling of each because I thought we'd all agree those two threads are definite candidates. If there are some reservations about any thread offered by anyone, all I can say is that we could discuss it via PM and/or E-mail and then decide whether to keep or remove it. The benefit of the board as a whole should be the only criteria here, so this really shouldn't be personalized in any way. Please post your submissions here for now. When things start coming in, perhaps we can leave this as our discussion thread, and I'll open a new thread for submissions only on some little used forum for convenience's sake. There's seems to be a problem when opening the old threads that disallows a further perusal beyond the first page...it jumps to a more recent post for some reason. I don't have the cyber-savvy to address this, so if someone could offer a solution for the problem I'd be grateful. Any suggestions, guidance, or help in bringing the Best Threads List to fruition in the most beneficial way possible (especially from the long-timers) would be greatly appreciated (post here, or please feel free to PM or E-mail me, my E-address is on my profile). And I extend a hearty thanks to all who offer their help and/or contributions to this endeavor. And please remember, this is a work-in-progress!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,328
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,273 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,539
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith