Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#3843 07/02/00 07:48 AM
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
I like to read the profiles of people sending interesting posts, but often they are so poor..
The space is not very much, but, for example, why don't you describe in the location something more, maybe even what you are seeing from your window?
Ciao
Emanuela

#3844 07/14/00 02:55 PM
R
addict
addict
R
> The space is not very much, but, for example, why don't you describe in the location something more, maybe even what
you are seeing from your window?

Hi Emanuela,

I could use my imagination but the truth is that the view from my window looks straight out onto my building's lightwell. Just lots of concrete walls and bricks, unfortunately. This office, well it has a great view of the mountains - mountains of paperwork and books and dossiers. No wonder I spend so much time online - with little to distract me.

This is the reason I describe myself and not the place where I am sitting.

Ciao,

Rubrick

#3845 07/16/00 07:10 PM
W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
love the idea emanuela!
i can see apartment buildings which have huge balls on top that i think collect water, but i still don't really know. i can also see my local sushi shop, run by an old guy and his wife (where it's okay to just drink beer). in the other direction i can see a huge temple where even i went to pray for a good year at new year two years ago and which turned out to be the toughest of my life.
i can also see some tiny birds darting around the telephone wires maybe come to chat with my budgie currently screaming his head off on the balcony.
and if it wasn't so flat i could see the entertainment district where a couple of the best bars in the world are just closing up in the dawn.

#3846 07/20/00 07:43 AM
B
addict
addict
B
Yookoso, William! (God it looks ugly in romaji!) Japan is a really bad (or good?) place to be an alcoholic you know....
As for my window, all I can see is the pale green blinds because I only ever get to log on when I am home from work in the depths of the evening. (Why isn't there a markup for 'tear'???) But I should confess it's not that bad. When we southern hemisphere types get onto summer, I'll be able to admire the veggies going haywire in the back garden. And all the avocados falling off our tree, because apparently they don't set unless you have two trees. again. Meanwhile, there's always the fishtank.

#3847 07/20/00 07:06 PM
W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
found it bridget.
and thanks.
avaocado trees sounds like a dream - endless guacamole!
luckily my salary manages to pay the rent and the beer bills. i guess that's what you mean...

#3848 07/22/00 03:15 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I see a rather dry back yard, with dogwoods and magnolias struggling to survive the 3-year drought we're experiencing here in the deep south of the US. I'm an amateur bird-watcher, and it's always a joy to see the robins, cardinals, bluejays, mockingbirds and brown thrashers who tend to congregate in this neighborhood. One day last month I had the pleasure of watching a mama mockingbird teach two chicks how to fly. There are also squirrels, chipmunks and the occasional possum out back.
Speaking of (o)possums, are the indeed the only species of marsupial in North America?

emanuela, you started this thread but haven't told us yet what you see out your window.

#3849 07/22/00 05:35 PM
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Anna,
I wrote it in my profile!
In any case, my office has a beautiful view on the old medieval center of the town, I see several ancient buildings...
Moreover, I can see also the remains of the Etruscan wall around the top of the hill, and an Etruscan Arch (more than 2000 years old) . And trees...
And ... I hate it ... a lot of cars: there is a parking in front of the building!
Ciao
Emanuela

#3850 07/23/00 12:20 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Hey, Anna!

We've got a dogwood in the FRONT yard (did have two, the
same drought got one year before last), and the people
across the street have a magnolia! (When they bloom, my
husband "borrows" one of those heavenly, lemony-scented,
creamy bowls of beauty off the tree near where he parks
downtown, and brings it home to me.)

I see all the birds you mentioned, and our neighbors behind
us have a hummingbird feeder. When I go over to the park,
I can see goldfinches, several sizes of woodpeckers, rufous-sided towhees, tiny brown creepers, occasionally the great horned owls, and if I'm really lucky, the bluebirds! This year I got to see mama and papa mallard, and their seven ducklings, pit-pat, waddle-pat. We often see red-tailed, red-shouldered, and broad-winged hawks flying above, also, scree-ing as they go.

#3851 07/31/00 08:55 PM
J
J
>why don't you describe in the location something more, maybe even what you are seeing from your window?

I see trees and hills.
On the smaller hills I can see olives, almonds and some carob trees. Behind them I see higher hills covered with pines. Crisscrossing this landscape there is a web of small paths and wide firebreaks. And I know every single one.
From time to time some primillas (a local kind of hawk) fly looking for prey.

Juan Maria.

#3852 08/31/00 07:21 PM
A
A
Everybody has a much better view than I do . Some of them sound so beautiful too. Meanwhile, my computer is in the basement that has a dug-out window (if you know what I mean). It's underground facing aluminum siding that stops the soil from coming right by the window. (Not much sunlight but at least it gets me some fresh air )
My bedroom, on the other hand, is two stories up from the basement and faces a courtyard accross which is another part of the townhouse complex I live in.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,317
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 727 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,534
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith