Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
Below is the text of an opinion of a federal district court, sans the legal citations, which interested me because the vitriol is so rare in this context, even when well warranted:

Labor Force, Inc v Jacintoport Corp, 144 F Supp 2d 740 (SD Tex 2001)

On June 6, 2001, Defendant Jacintoport Corporation filed a Rule 12(b)(3) Motion to Dismiss or in the Alternative to Transfer for Improper Venue. Defendant’s Motion contends that venue in the Galveston Division of the Southern District of Texas is improper, but that venue in the Houston Division of this Court is proper. Accordingly, Defendant seeks a dismissal or, alternatively, a transfer to the Houston Division of this Court’s Judicial District.

Manifestly, any person with even a correspondence course level understanding of federal practice and procedure would recognize that Defendant’s Motion is patently insipid, ludicrous and utterly and unequivocally without any merit whatsoever. Worse, it is just plain blatantly wrong in light of the unambiguous language of decades old federal statute and veritable mountains of case law addressing venue propriety. The federal venue statute hopelessly incorrectly interpreted and cited by Defendant provides that venue is proper in:

(1) a judicial DISTRICT ….

(emphasis added, as it is apparently needed by blithering counsel!) As the heightened letters above indicate, the venue statute speaks in terms of districts not divisions. Thus, if venue is proper in the Houston Division of the Southern District of Texas it is ipso facto proper in the Galveston Division – as well as in the Divisions of Corpus Christi, Victoria, Brownsville, McAllen and Laredo. Whether a case might be more conveniently prosecuted in one Division versus another is a question left to analysis under 28 USC 1404(a). Defendant’s obnoxiously ancient, boilerplate, inane Motion is emphatically DENIED.

Moreover, Defendant’s present counsel-of-record, Mr Eric G Carter is determined to be disqualified for cause from this action for submitting this asinine tripe. ….

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
... this asinine tripe. ?

A judge's dream?

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Moreover, Defendant’s present counsel-of-record, Mr Eric G Carter is determined to be disqualified for
cause from this action for submitting this asinine tripe

Bovine tripe would be bad enough, but asinine tripe offered the judge would be grounds for disbarment!. ….

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Bovine tripe would be bad enough

Bovine tripe is delicious. Anyone got any good menudo recipes?

Never had no asinine tripe so I wouldn't know

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Order in the Court! Order in the Court!Hizzoner didn't order no censored deleted unprinted cow offal!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
asinine is such a... woody word. it conjures up its meaning so readily; it lends itself to being aptly misspelled (assinine), and it enhances inflationary language (asiten) [RIP Victor Borge] .

W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Dear Sparteye, just this minute read that opinion.
What is the Judge's name and address?
I want to send flowers ....
Never thought I'd live to see it! Bloody Maaaaahvelous.

I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
OH MY GAWD! I COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING! THANKS!!

old hand
old hand
Why is this judge not assigned to the Microsoft anti-trust case? Seems like this one's got plenty of whup-ass to go around...

W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Seems like this one's (judge) got plenty of whup-ass to go around...

Perfect Fiberbabe! plenty of whup-ass to go around You got it just right!
ROFLMHO

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,317
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 596 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,534
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith