M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M

B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Over the weekend we went to see a film called "Dungeons and Dragons." It was dire beyond words. I was looking forward to the film version of The Lord of the Rings, but if that's the best Hollywood can do with dwarves and elves (whatever was the lead elf wearing?) I think I'll give it a miss. Fortunately, there were no hobbits on screen though there were a few references to halflings in the script. Goodness knows how Jeremy Irons got caught up in it, in fact until I saw the cast I refused to believe it was him. Tom Baker managed to rise above some pretty awful lines but he was only on screen for about 5 minutes.

Bingley

Bingley
J
old hand
old hand
J
I saw the trailer to the first movie in the LotR trilogy and it looked very good. The scenery was very nice and it looked authentic (if you can call fictional settings authentic). The elves looked pretty much like elves too. Frodo is played by Elijah Wood (who is not in real life a short, hobbit-like person). I didn't even realize it was him on the poster. He played Huck Finn in one of the recent movies and he's been in other movies that I can't think of. Overall I'd say that it will be a good movie, but I'm definitely going to have to re-read them before I see it. I just bought them on barnesandnoble.com.

B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Does anyone remember the animated version of Lord of the Rings that came out some years ago? It was quite advanced for its time and was aimed at a much older audience. It is hard to describe but some scenes seemed to have animation going on over real objects and sujects. I thought it was very good. I hope the movie is up to par.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
the animated version of Lord of the Rings

I remember it. Everybody was animated except the humans who were some sort of computer altered live action thang. The result, to me, seemed to make the humans so much less real than the other characters that I couldn't appreciate the movie.

A
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
A
The animated version of TLOTR was something of a disappointment for me, especially since it stops more or less abruptly in the middle of the tale. Apparently they were planning on finishing it up but they never got funding for the continuation of the project. I think the humans were filmed with live actors and then the film was painted over for "animation." (Or "deanimation" maybe.)

There was also an animated version of "The Hobbit" but it was rather childish and full of irritating songs, if memory serves.

#32653 07/20/01 09:47 PM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M

B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Yes, I remember the animated version. As I recall, it got dreadful write-ups, but I didn't think it was that bad, just rather rushed trying to fit everything in but having to miss a lot out.

Bingley

Bingley
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I hated the animated version of LOTR; I was soooo disappointed in it. It struck me (and, I'll agree that I have not seen the movie since its initial release, and maybe my memory fails...) that the movie focused on the fighting and left out the interesting stuff. And, of course, it stopped suddenly in the middle of the story.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
it stopped suddenly in the middle of the story

You have no one to blame but yourself, Sparteye. If you had liked it they would have finished it for you.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,271
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 399 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,502
LukeJavan8 9,915
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith