Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DISCLAIMER:

if you're one of those folks who actually waits til christmas to open your presents, don't click on this link. seriously.

in an act of extreme boredom, i was reduced to doing a net search in an attempt to discover the answer to the age-old (well, not age old, but aging nicely), burning question.......

IS THERE LIFE BEYOND POOH-BAH???

The answer (well, according to my source, which i was unable to cross-reference, but it seems pretty reliable) is a resounding YES.

it happens when you reach 2500 posts, and just so i don't ruin it for anyone who seriously doesn't want to know, i won't even type it in white, i'll just give you the link.

http://www.pookiegotdabooty.com/newbies.htm

i've never been good at letting nature take its course, hi, x-m so i'm impressed in advance by those of you who won't peek.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
as one of the raining-on-parade pooh-bahs, I must say that would be a real let-down for the next title. but I don't suppose that will stop the commentary....

[there, let's see anyone resist *that! 8-)]

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
Having also broken the em-bah-go, I'm with you tsuwm - singularly uncreative flights of fancy await. Perhaps Anu should be challenged to think up more suitable options!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I understand what they're getting at with the antepenult, but what's this with the penult? Or the ult, for that matter?

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
Now that is just positively cruel to decent law-abidin' citizens

R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
Yes, It is a bit disapointing. Logically, the next step up from Pooh-Bah is Mikado.

But who expects logic here

W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
IS THERE LIFE BEYOND POOH-BAH???

WEAK! We are all weak! Weak! WEAK!
All of us who took a peek!
We must write to The Great Anu and ask him to change the designations ... carpal tunnel might become one of those self-fulfilling things and I don't want Tsuwm, Jackie and Max to have that pain inflicted on them.
And --not to give even more away -- As for the rest? C'mon!
Yuck!

J
old hand
old hand
J
As we've already discussed, Anu has no role in determining the titles. That site is completely unaffiliated with AWAD except that it uses the same discussion board service. Since we've already discovered this it seems foolish to me that we continue to gawk at the new titles.

#32028 06/13/01 03:46 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
the long awaited coop de grass?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>As we've already discussed

but. as also discussed previously, there seems to be variance in how the titles have been instantiated in this software, suggesting that either a) different versions were shipped with a different set of (hard-coded??) titles or 2) the installer has some leeway in setting the numbers and titles. oh if only someone here had the ear of the great and powerful wOrdZmith.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith