Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#31097 06/04/01 05:07 AM
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Having perforce been absent myself (owing to the exigencies and concerns of the Real World) for a week or more, I returned to review the news of this particular corner of the universe. As I did so, it occurred to me that there are many NEW contributors ( to whom I will, following the lead of others, add my personal, somewhat belated welcome.) It further occurred to me that there are many "old friends" from whom we have not heard in some time. I will not arrogate to self the right - or the duty! - of toasting all of such persons, but will initiate a "thread" ( my command of the idioms of this Forum is lamentable) to prompt any who may wish to do so to add to my list of such honored absentees. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF AWAD, PLEASE STAND AT YOUR KEYBOARDS, RAISE YOUR VIRTUAL CYBER-GLASSES (or should it be "cyber virtual-glasses?) TO TOAST TWO "ABSENT FRIENDS", "FATHER STEVE" AND "SHANKS". WE MISS YOUR WIT AND WISDOM, WE HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU IN THE COURSE OF TIME! (Add appropriate expressions of choice wishing good health, etc. to the honorees.)
Poster's note: 1) As I recall, our friend Shanks had advised that he was going to be incommunicado for a while. Any further news?
2) As for Father Steve, the last I heard was that he was planning "to have his nuptials vowed" (acting pro se, ex officio?) Of course, the HONEYMOON is never REALLY over, but the usual progression ( not one, I should have thought, for Father Steve) is a segue to a time of "Honey-do this" and "Honey-do that".
Gentlemen, we miss you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome 'home', carus scribbler!! i trust your trip was relaxing.

I'd like to add, if i might, a couple of names to the list of those i miss:

jo(who's posted but once in the last month, IIRC)
bel(wasn't her move date June 1?? she told me about some strange thing in canada, where everyone moves on the same day. must be h*ll trying to book movers.)
marty (it's been *months* since we've heard from him)
hyla (yeah, yeah, new house, new baby on the way... but let's not forget your AWAD family, dear)

and of course, we miss CapK already (and when might we expect the next installment?? aren't the 2½ days up yet??)

i'm quite certain i'm forgetting some folks....

B
veteran
veteran
B
When last heard from, Shanks advised he was off to the U.S. Awaiting with great anticipation his return.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
And TEd too!

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
And dear Max Q has been regrettably silent.

H
addict
addict
H
Of Troy very kindly e-mailed me this thread. Thanks very much for the kind words, gang.

We moved this weekend - 15 friends showed up to help, I got a HUGE truck, and we did the entire move, from start to finish, in under 3 hours. It was great. I spent Saturday afternoon unpacking madly, and Saturday night in the new hot tub.

Baby's due two weeks from tomorrow, but we're expecting it to come a bit sooner - will keep y'all posted.

Hope to read some posts, and even post a bit, some time soon. At last count I was well over 1000 posts behind - when does one just decide that catching up is impossible?

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
and sweet Nemo hasn't posted this week, I think.

and I am getting worried about tsuwm, several minutes have passed...

D
addict
addict
D
Catching up is never impossible, at least that's what I tell myself. I still haven't started the 8303 Miscellany posts which are still marked unread....

Rapport was established superficially.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I still haven't started the 8303 Miscellany posts which are still marked unread....

Too bad you can't find time to view them, since that's where all my witty, erudite bon mots* are posted. [in-case-you-were-wondering-where-I-hid-them emoticon]

* Per aenigma: Bonanza Motel

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
and sweet Nemo hasn't posted this week, I think.

I've heard it's a bitch getting here from Tol Eressea, specially in rush-hour elvish traffic ...

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith