Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Are you saying that you still cannot view this thread without it tangling up?

No no, Jo, he said assonantally. This thread displays properly for me, as does any other thread accessed by the normal icons and menus of the board. It's only when I click on a URL which is included within a post as a link to another thread that things go awry. But you're onto something - it seems to be "older" threads that misbehave.

Try this example...

1. Correct behaviour.
If I click on this link:
http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=words&Number=13171
a second AWADtalk browser window opens, displaying the correct post "Grammar Primer" from Q&A. If I hit "Show All" I see all posts in that thread.

2. Incorrect behaviour.
http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=words&Number=11941,
opens the correct post "place names" in Q&A, but Show All inexplicably displays all posts in the MaxQ's "Two times twice" thread!!

Beats me!

J
jmh Offline OP
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
J
>But you're onto something - it seems to be "older" threads that misbehave.

Yep, smae thing happens when I try.

Funny, I've tried some quite old threads tonight and they appear fine. Unfortunately we wander off the subject so much that sometimes it doesn't even need to cross thread for it to look as if it had gone loopy.

#3078 01/19/01 01:16 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I had a deaf defendant in front of me this week and the court assigned an ASL interpreter to assist in the matter. The interpreter asked if he might move a chair such that he would sit with his back to me and his face to the defendant, defense attorney and prosecutor. I said that would be fine but found it mildly distracting to be looking at the back of his head. When the matter was concluded, I told the interpreter that I learned a little sign when my son studied it in college and was therefor able to grasp some of what he was signing. I was puzzled however by a sign which he used several times during the hearing where he would lift his right elbow such that his upper arm was parellel to the floor and put his right hand over his right ear and then move his sightly-cupped fingers up and down rapidly several times behind his ear. I asked what it meant. "Nothing," he replied, "I had an itch."

#3079 01/19/01 03:13 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
FS, that story has the feel of another lawyer joke being born. I hope you laughed!

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith