About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
I posit to sport on this board, by placing posts in this location which always avoid a particular symbol, which is on your input board just right of “W.” A most difficult trial, as it sounds as if a writing of a Bard of Stratford on Avon, but I know that you all - so highly smart - will win out gloriously.

And so a topic: hmmmmm. How about: yard work.

Today, my husband and I did start swimming pool work, to off a pool lid and untaint H2O in it. It was most ucky, with a color as of grass, and I found many animals, including frogs (bull, spots, and additional) and long, slinky animals without arms. And I found two skins of such slinky animals. And a baby animal which inhabits its own hull; two, actually, and of box kind.

What did you do today?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
SpartI, our lingo has a word for this. tsuwm should know; I forgot -- an 80s (?) book and translation from the original Frog was wrought in such a fashion. I am not up to your task; only to say I think yard work is good. Would that I could; that work which I did today, within four walls, was boring.

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
I am not up to your task

Nor am I. SpartI asks, "what did you do today?" Almost nothing, today (Monday) is but young. I am now off to work, calling folk to discuss ads about good and bad driving habits. That is all for now, I must go.

postscript I must ask pardon for the colour, it was not in10tional.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
smart substitution of frog, ms anna; at first blush i didn't think you'd thought of this man i'm pond'ring (). anyhow, a googlization of mr frog's common tag shows us that most apropos word "lipogram". (um, this is a most difficult form of communication, btw)

ps: url's don't count http://www.themodernword.com/scriptorium/perec.html

R
addict
addict
R
and linking to a distinct string on funny signs, an apt sign for this location. On a ski-lift cabin "Last control of slops 16:30"

Rod

W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
All you folks on this Board has't way too much of a day to ruin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This play is fun!

Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
Uh-Oh!

AnnaS has put on this post a taboo symbol.

And MQ has so, too, in a postscript.

B96 also, although B96 posits that URLs don't count; but no - no taboo symbol may occur.

To confirm omission of a taboo symbol, ALT+f to look for it.

And now, I must inflict sanctions. I say to you violators, transform this into a no taboo symbol translation:

AnnaS -> Mary Had a Small Lamb
MQ -> Mary, Mary, Fairly Contrary
B96 -> Old Mama Hubbard

If you must, to obtain original words, contact this author by that-which-I-cannot-say mail.

I would assign dissimilar sanctions, such as spanks, but I think that many mans on this board would fight to submit to such as to stunning B96.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
oops! zwounds!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B96 -> Old Mama Hubbard

pursuant to spartacus' instruction:

Old Mama Hubbard
Ran to a cupboard
To afford a poor dog a calcium-rich organic matrix.

Alas, upon said arrival
Said cupboard was without occupation
And so poor mr. dog had to go hungry.

Mama took a sparkling dish
To look for an amount of stomach lining
But upon mama's arrival
Mr. Dog was smoking a joint

So, Mama trots out to a Vons
to buy him a ration of fruit
But upon mama's arrival
Mr Dog was playing a grand piccolo

Mama asks Mr. Pillsbury
if a crusty loaf could do
But upon mama's arrival
That poor dog was stiff as a board.

So mama hops to a woodsmith
To buy him a coffin;
But upon mama's arrival
That poor thing was laughing.

So mama frolicks to a hatsmith
to buy him a hat
But upon mama's arrival
Mr. Dog was nourishing his buddy Sir Cat.

So, mama did a curtsy
Mr. Dog did a bow;
Mama said "Your Sycophant"
Mr. Dog said "Bow wow!"

PS: *pout*... i wish i was AnnaS; what an opportunity for anu's "albus"

W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
All for naught doth Spart-orb post maxims for this play.

This non-unanimous AWAD group think of controls as a trial of skill to assay modifications of a difficult task.

p.s. Talk of skill. Brigid good for you.

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
And MQ has so, too, in a postscript.

Aaargh!! That is what occurs to punish all who try for too much wit!

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
MQ -> Mary, Mary, Fairly Contrary

Alas, fair SpartI, just though it is, said sanction is too much for my scant skill! I must call for succour and admit my ignominy. I am but a worm, and do throw my soul upon your ruth, in supplication for compassion.

W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Max - looked up "ruth" and it doth bring to my mind a saying
"S't'ruth"
found as a cry in many myths from Britain.
Any joinings ?

J
enthusiast
enthusiast
J
"S't'ruth"
found as a cry in many myths from Britain.

Which myths? I don't 'call it in King Arthur.

jimdog

R
addict
addict
R
"S't'ruth" found as a cry in many myths from Britain.

S't'ruth (oft with varying combinations of writing marks) is a cry in habitual (but diminishing) custom in UK. From "God's Truth" .

Rod
And ROD sins again and again and again and again*, in blatant violation of what is taboo

I stand guilty M'lud. I saw a summary of communications and did not absorb that particular taboo topic as I did put into words my paragraph of insight on "S't'ruth". In apology I vow to brush up all violations of such taboo which this community doth commit but only on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.

Rod (in sackcloth and much ash)

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Alas, fair SpartI, just though it is, said sanction is too much for my scant skill! I must call for succour and admit my ignominy. I am but a worm, and do throw my soul upon your ruth, in supplication for compassion.

Ditto!

P.S. Good going, B96!

Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
Ack! Ack! Ack!

Wow has said what is taboo, in talking to Max.

Jim has said it too, on his part signifying his individuality.

And ROD sins again and again and again and again*, in blatant violation of what is taboo.

"Out, out! Damn spot!" I say. Do not apply that symbol in this spot; go to an additional spot to do your foul work.

As for charming B96, who transforms Old Mama Hubbard with surpassing art, KUDOS! KUDOS!

And still, nobody says to Sparts, what you did in your yard this past Sunday. Boohoo.

=======
* and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
And still, nobody says to Sparts, what you did in your yard this past Sunday.

That I can do. I did nothing in my yard on Sunday. I had to work on Sunday morn, using that which Mr A. Graham B. did form first. Following lunch it was off to worship, following which was supping with companions good, and thus was daylight past.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Work ? No way! Today was so fun. I did nothing. What sport! I think I shall do nothing again tomorrow. Why not? As my old pal Will Durant always said, nothing is occasionally a good thing to do, and always a good thing to say. That is a good saying from Will. Actually, I cannot say it now just as Will actually said it, but this is almost it. If you want to know what was said by him, you could LOOK IT UP. Try it! So long, you guys and gals! What fun it is to laugh and sing and talk this way. I also add "Good work, Cara Brigid!, as usual!

From Ol' Scribbluh (Is "ScribblUh" fair? If not, omit it! Also "Ol'")

J
enthusiast
enthusiast
J
What did you do on sunday, simply so you will happy up?

F
addict
addict
F
I'd add that I avoid yard work at all costs, primarily through not owning grounds of my own. My baby and I and my baby's mom just pay a monthly amount to our landlord, and that nasty yard work is his duty! Raking things that fall from limbs of big plants is a particularly unhappy duty that I unfondly think about from my childhood. And I don't want to think about mowing lawns! What a bad job that is!

It is difficult to avoid that symbol that is just right of "w". I must look into that lipogrammatic book by thX man from that country by Spain. What a task to craft a full book of this!

PS. I now am a "man on a long trip" and not a "unfamiliar individual" to this board! Huzzah for Flatlandah (local pronunication)!

W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
RAH Flatlandah ! So good to find anotha' Northana who knows how to tahk right.

Spaaht-orb is local pronunciashun koshah?

Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
From Ol' Scribbluh (Is "ScribblUh" fair? If not, omit it! Also "Ol'")

Spaaht-orb is #%^#% koshah?

All is OK in ardor and conflict with arms; only a taboo symbol must you avoid - by what tool is of your own choosing.

Only, Flatlandah has mistook his task, and so did post a taboo symbol. Oops! Mayhaps Flats will favor us with a transformation of "Blink, Blink, Small Star."

And wow, you too did stray. How about a translation of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat"?

Avoiding taboos is an utmost trial!

F
addict
addict
F
Flats is sorry, in truth. A dastardly typo and I must craft a difficult translation. In original lingo, "Blink Blink" has a multiplicity of parts, so I transform only half-six parts for your approval, Ms. Spartorb, thus:

Blink, blink, small star
What, in fact, is your form?
Up atop our world so high
As a diamond in that sky

As blazing sun from sight did go
As soon as sun's rays do not glow
At that point you show your small light
Blink, blink, all of that night
Blink, blink, small star

At that point a pilgrim in that dark
Thanks you for your tiny spark
His way would not loom into sight
If you did not blink just right
Blink, blink, small star

I could not put similar sounding words as a tail to all portions of my translation, but I was striving for it. Art thou up to your task, wow?

R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
Good work, Inhabitant of Disc World; lack of that which would normally distinguish this art form is put back by rythm and scansion that is good. Congratulations

Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
Oh Flats! What a wondrous translation! You did a good job, and artful too. But a solitary stanza would satisfy my bidding, and you did many. A big kiss to you, Flats.

F
addict
addict
F
I thank you, Buck-tan for your acclaim (and I blush at your osculation). A similar kiss to you for thinking up this sport! This lipogrammatic communication is difficult but fun. Following a span of crafting posts without that-which-I-cannot-say, as I look at posts out of this string, I look at that taboo symbol as if it was in crimson! Do any AWAD individuals know "La Disparition" (that lipogrammatic book)? I think its translation is "A Void" by a Mr. Adair. I think that in its original francais it is not obvious that it contains no taboo symbols, but I do not know that country's lingo to say on my own.

What is yard work's worst task, according to you all?

J
enthusiast
enthusiast
J

What is yard work's worst task, according to you all?
Raking grass that hasn't had mowing for a month.

jimdog

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Uprooting plants that grow wild– and so spoil my plan. Broad fauna among grassy swaths –in all forms–or just as bad, doing it again- in ground dug up, (and down) to form artist displays of un common flora. I opt for flora that displays color, form and aroma with contrasting traits
uprooting common wild things with that grow long tap roots and do willfully spoil my stabs at form is most difficult

Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
Truth, of troy. Pulling up tooth-of-lion blossom is odious. And so many, many such stand proudly in my yard. I told my son (who is amid two and four) to pick as many as my son might want, and I did hand two blossoms to him, but my son did anguish and put both blossoms back among grass with much thought and caution. So much for that plan.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Fun play at this location; I think I know how mayhap.

I was calling to mind this:
Out in Gaia's Abundant Arachnids' Land is an author of a publication for solicitors. To avoid prudish folks' blocking transport of his work, a word that marks that lascivious act of child-making is writ "six," or "sax," or such.

What did I in my yard Sunday last?

I spun wool to yarn.

W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
And wow, you too did stray. How about a translation of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat"?

Poor is my inclination of mind in this ... but I try!

Row, row, row your boat
Mildly down the rill,
Happily, happily happily,
Anima is a thrill.

or

Row, row, row your boat
Mildly down the brook,
Happily, happily happily,
Anima's but a look.

Yuk. Told you. No rhymist I.

Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
I spun wool to yarn.

How cool! And do you own animals who grow wool? Llamas, that is? Do you avail of a spinning round-thing? Apply caution, so as not to prick your thumb with a sharp pointy part.

Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
wow says, Yuk. Told you. No rhymist I.

Nay, nay. It was good and you did optimal rhyming. Only, you did post a taboo symbol, and did it again. Try finding function first to find taboos for you.

N
addict
addict
N
Try finding function first to find taboos for you

I know not what this signify ... but did I catch wow's taboo symbol?

B
old hand
old hand
B
In Nfld., soil has much acid and much rock (but is not musical!). My colourful plants thus grow amid flat rock and small rock, and many plants-that-grow-wild. (Justification for calling my island "th' Rock").

But, my tulips and daffodils finally display colour, and form bright spots in foggy days, as did occur during last six-plus-unity days! I am afraid my young basil was burnt by a vigorous sunbath on Sunday, and I must bury small pips again, for a not-first try!

Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
I know not what this signify

I will post illumination to you by fast mail. And to any dissimilar AWAD-folk who wish it.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
And do you own animals who grow wool? Llamas, that is?

Baa, no wooly animals in this yard. I buy wool shorn. And, I do avail of a spinning round-thingy, on four supports with no sharp pricky point, to spin yarn. My spinning apparatus hails from Kiwi-land, to boot, um, sock.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Ask and you shall obtain.

R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
Many thanks, Faldo - my optics spark on sight of this old post. (Difficulty of posting nothwithstanding!)

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
No prob, good buddy.

W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
...not without a long, long stick!

'Twas obvious it (this discussion) would show up again; it was sought and found by this or that or who-knows-which individual among us who posts a lot! And why not?

But alas, you can only look at it in "flat" form!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Eee, eee, I finally get to pass on the amazing (to me) piece of info. that was taught to me here (by tsuwm, if I recall correctly).

Yes, you can view it in threaded mode. I just did, for half a second. Go up to the page address and click on it. Using your "go left" arrow, run it back until you come to the word flat, as in showflat. Backspace to delete the flat, and type in threaded, so that the word becomes showthreaded. Hit Enter or Go, and voilà: threaded mode.

#29724 03/31/04 05:09 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
flat mode is better. Usually.

Edit per Rhuby:

flat mode is gooder.

Edit redux per wofa:

flat mode is goodly.

<sigh>

#29725 03/31/04 06:37 PM
W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
This posting, along with all its pals, has to stay "flat-only," as it has had a limitation thrust upon it. You couldn't look at it any way _but_ flat without flaunting that spirit! It would be a violation. You can't avoid it. It's intrinsic, in a way.

Flat is good. Today, anyway!

- Wofahulicodoc

#29726 03/31/04 06:57 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Couldn't scan both posts in front of yours, wofa. Funny shrimpoid thing in both.

R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
Aha!!! conviction and outlawry for Jacky and ASp for ignoring taboo words, until both hath contrition shown!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Isn't hath singular?

W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Now if you wuz to say "Flat is goodly" (or words such as that) I would concur. But not what you actually wound up submitting...

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Yeahbut®! I fixed it!

R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
Isn't hath singular?
I affirm thou art right - both of you, singularly, must contrition show.

(and wofa is right, too!)

#29732 03/31/04 09:28 PM
veteran
veteran

Such an irritant. Happily, my uxorial companion will pass many a joyful hour in pursuit of a luscious lawn.

Today was busy for my brain and digits, as I got an additional tasking. I sat in front of a monitor for six and a half straight hours, studying two unfamiliar programs and kinship amongst a trio of big groups of data upon which said programs function. Towards day's finish, I took to tapping buttons, but did not finish this job. It could span months.

k

#29733 03/31/04 11:09 PM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Then 'tis to be devoutly hoped that you are on contract rates ...

B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Tis good what you did, going back to original thought of our Asp. Avoid that symbol at all cost I say.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Somebody PM me, please. I have no idea what all this flattening of shrimps refers to.

#29736 04/04/04 03:19 AM
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
Spanks! Many SPANKS to you who post taboo thing. Put it not in this locality. IT IS TABOO.

Alas, no yard work for my yard this spring ... it is still too cold. It is only April, anyway.

#29737 04/04/04 09:26 PM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Tis not a consonant that should avoid this ground but a thing that ladies say, loudly and long as a bug lands on a thigh or in hair.

#29738 04/04/04 11:45 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M. wofa got things straight on my account. I should'a scann'd all old posts again.

#29739 04/08/04 01:39 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
What did I do in my yard this Sunday? I was not in my yard, but that long sandy swath on a small island off coast of Rich Port. That salty H2O was blinky and colorific, akin to lapis lazuli, that sand akin to sugar and warm. Wind in my palm things that drop coconuts my hammock did sway. My lips an arc did form and joy was my company.

#29740 04/08/04 06:30 PM
R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
Last Sunday was a day of work for this author, first to put in bag all Parish Council monthly moot things. Following that, to find from books what I must say on this coming Saturday and Sunday, at Alston Hall School for Adults, about Victorian and C19 ways of passing days and hours of not-working. This is hard, but fun. Around forty adult scholars will pass Thursday through Monday at this School, with four tutors. Accomodation and food is of high quality, as is post-prandial drinks in a small bar!!

#29741 04/08/04 06:57 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Con, your days abroad did you good, this is obvious.

Rhub, during this span of hours away, is Spring and its connotations part of said Victorian ritual? Por favor, hoist a post-prandial libation in hono(u)r of all things good.

#29742 04/08/04 07:12 PM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I was not in my yard, but that long sandy swath on a small island off the coast of the Rich Port. That salty H2O was blinky and colorific, akin to lapis lazuli, that sand akin to sugar and warm. Wind in my palm things that drop coconuts my hammock did sway. My lips an arc did form and joy was my company.

Yeah, Con, but did you enjoy yourself?

#29743 04/09/04 12:46 AM
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
Additional taboo things! BMarduk, and conni, and CapK all post taboo things. How do I stop you from this? Spanks don't work.

#29744 04/09/04 01:42 AM
H
journeyman
journeyman
H
Hmmm. As punition, spanking is in doubt. You must carry out additional work on improving sanctions. Taboo symbols propagating and multiplying rapidly.

A sad story of my own:
My car, which has for long faithfully brought from location to location not only my body but also my goods that I own, is out of action. A too-much-warming of motor has put it off-road, bringing about my marooning far from my living-location two days ago. Bus was my saviour, although a trip of two hours turning into four is not a good thing. Now my car is far away and old malfunctioning coolant pump must go into a bin, substituting a coolant pump brought from a factory in a big country that occasionally starts world wars. How long must I wait? Who knows.

#29745 04/09/04 05:03 AM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Much sympathy Hib!

Now Spart, what various thing is taboo now that I do not know now?

#29746 04/09/04 09:22 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>what various thing

p'raps you should say "girls"?

formerly known as etaoin...
#29747 04/09/04 09:26 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Taboo symbol now is not. I had thought I had won but did not. Thou art right, though. Spanks don't work.
bMduk! Psssst...I know what got you! I know you for a lady, but who knows if all can say so!

#29748 04/15/04 02:36 PM
R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
A puisant sanction is that all using taboo words find that this company finds it ridiculous and laughs. Ostracisation follows and shaming occurs.

#29749 04/17/04 12:46 AM
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
Poor, poor hibby had bad luck with his car. I wish that it is good soon.

Spanks don't work, cuz mayhaps sundry of you savor it too much??? Oh, my.

Shaming might work, it might. Or not. I don't know with this group.

#29750 04/21/04 01:18 PM
D
addict
addict
D
With much rounding of look-balls and grinning mouth, I study posts atop. Took aback by taxing protocol but totally buying it.
Hast thou noticed similarity most curious to talk of old? Marry, tis a thorough parody of talk antiquity. Now you I task with this rough taunt.
Try it in SoCal.

#29751 04/21/04 01:27 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
look-balls!?!? hahahahaha!! I did laugh muchly!

#29752 04/21/04 01:39 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
look-balls

All that work and two awful, obvious booboos.

#29753 04/21/04 03:20 PM
D
addict
addict
D
woah mr picky-pants.
no, my bad [holding-hands-up-icon]

#29754 04/21/04 09:53 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Ho HO! Spanks for dody. But Mr. Nitty Picks, I know only half what you point at. What am I missing?

#29755 04/21/04 11:30 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
only half what you point at

Not what was solid H2O.

#29756 04/22/04 12:00 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>H2O

that I found... what is no. two?

#29757 04/22/04 01:01 AM
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
I know only 1 goof. But much mirth did I obtain from it all, anyway.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

#29758 04/22/04 09:52 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
what is no. two?

Yoosta was two. I dunno.

#29759 04/22/04 11:51 AM
D
addict
addict
D
mr. nit-marshal musta bin right on my ass with postifying, i caught no.2 right away and did a quick taunt for demandswap. i'm such a fraud, sob.

#29760 04/22/04 12:27 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
ah. now, I can comfort find...

#29761 04/22/04 04:04 PM
R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
But, orthographical faults apart, dody is right to point out that antiquarian forms of talking show much similarity to this.

(Good tip: stick blu-tak blob on taboo button as warning signal!)

#29762 04/23/04 01:05 AM
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
You did spot your goof so quickly, dodyskin. A goodly job, that.

I am afraid that I might put a taboo thing in a post, and so inflict on my own mass tauntings, having first did I start this silly occupation.

Today, I did cook candy, of dark brown color and of a flavor of cocoa, so rich and smooth. A pal is visiting tomorrow and did ask for it.

#29763 04/23/04 01:12 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>, of dark brown color and of a flavor of cocoa, so rich and smooth

As M. Simpson might say, if his nationality was Gaulish, "mmmmmmm, chocolat."

#29764 04/23/04 02:32 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M. Simpson? his?

possibly H? of Odyssian ilk? as in no cost liquid malt and hops?

#29765 04/23/04 02:36 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>M. Simpson?

Oui, M. Simpson. Say it in Gaulish - "M. Simpson", or "M. H. Simpson."

#29766 04/23/04 02:42 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
ah, now I know. d'oh!

#29767 04/24/04 07:33 PM
R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
Toady I did visit Carnforth Station, famous for a film "Short Conjunction" starring Miss Johnson and Mr Howard, both film actors.
It is now in similar condition to that known from filming it in 1940s, but was for long in a sad condition (as was said film - much lachrymosity occurs on showing it, to this day!)

#29768 04/26/04 03:23 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Today I did watch a film with my darling mama, that film with skull and cross-ulnas, black ship floating in warm H2O around yon Virgin Islands. Swordplay and Yo Ho Ho and rum burning...you know which film. Mama and I couldn't stop laughing. Also half six playing of joining words on a board and counting points. Mama won two of the half six.

#29769 04/27/04 08:26 PM
old hand
old hand
Twiddly piddly
Two things taboo for us!
Will such a fixation
Bring jollity?

Happy was I playing
Harp in a symphony
Plucking my F,A,C
G, B, and D!

#29770 04/27/04 08:42 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
That is nothing short of fantastic, oh Javapit!

#29771 04/28/04 12:43 AM
W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Twiddly piddly
Two things taboo for us!

_Two_ things to shun??

I know only #1: fifth in alpha-list.

What am I missing?

(Oh, and Bravo, too!)

#29772 04/28/04 01:50 AM
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
Conni - I worship that YoHoHo film! Don't say to anybody (it is hush-hush for just us), but I would sooooo do both Jack and Will. *swoon* I bought a DVD of that film, and will watch it again soon.

#29773 04/28/04 11:26 AM
R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
I also found that film most amusing - but in this yarn, indication of a particular actor's patromynic is most difficult; this actor took a most major part.

#29774 04/28/04 07:02 PM
old hand
old hand
Wofa:

Accounting to pixilation and surplus of java, my tiny mind saw posts from April 9 and thought additional taboo was laid upon us: word “not.” Am I right or is a chiropractor pulling my fibula?

Anybody waxing dactylic out in AWAD-land? Ditty was amusing. Thank you for kudos!

-- JavaNut aka CB

#29775 04/28/04 11:34 PM
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
Ah, I know now what you thought, Javapit. Post on April 9 saying, "Taboo symbol now is not" said that an original taboo symbol in a prior post did go away ... BMarduk did adjust it.

#29776 04/29/04 01:31 PM
W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
(thus exempt from the proscription contemplated)

One could interpret "not" as meaning "no T" and use that as a self-imposed limitation. Haven't played with it but it looks at first glance quite limiting.

Lessee, now, how about a brief essay using said icon as goal of avoidance. Hmmm. Hard saying various ways of "no," hard avoiding all specific non-masculine/non-feminine pronouns, no way of using very-very-common-nine-minus-six-icon word...indeed, overall perhaps even more confining when compared versus prior avoidings...

#29777 10/19/05 03:25 AM
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
To work a yard!
for man -- or woman -- still might stalk in grass
of this cold block of dying orbits
who for want of gin-sod suck
a yard of work might look much in fashion.
Oh, but how to count that lay of ground
our poor downtrod did plough
and plant, cut and tidy?
For count that dungworm, man -- or woman,
boss or lacky must, if pay was first in bargain struck
You think I fib? So say:
what, if not spousal shark with whip or pan,
brings human to so inhuman plight
as mows by day, moans not by night?
Gin!
O! Gin!
Thy lust turns man -- or woman -- ash!
For who can drink
not paying cash?

#29778 10/19/05 01:25 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Gin!
O! Gin!
Thy lust turns man -- or woman -- ash!
For who can drink
not paying cash?

ip, you naughty boy, you!

#29779 10/19/05 02:02 PM
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
I thought to avoid Miss Interpretation by hazarding to spell "whisky" "whisky" -- but then, the better of it.

#29780 10/19/05 02:11 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Good gracious--I thought you did just try to flirt, boldly.

#29781 10/19/05 02:32 PM
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
I did not say I did not, but only once the words were writ did I notice, thought the better of it, then the better of that. You see, zwei seele wohnen in meiner Brust: Louis et George; Catherine et Victoria.

edited for ger. grammar

Last edited by inselpeter; 10/19/05 05:28 PM.
#29782 10/20/05 11:04 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Oh, many spanks for IP! Passing 98 posts...using taboo sign.

Grasp your two foots and withstand your spanks!

#29783 10/20/05 12:43 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Nay, passing 98 posts was my fault--sorry. Is it okay, now that Pg. 2 can buzz-buzz (hint--what that stands for?) click'd on?

Last edited by Jackie; 10/21/05 12:38 PM.
#29784 10/21/05 09:10 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Dbl spanks for Jacki. Using taboo sign AND going past 98 posts. You grasp Ip's two foots and Ip grasp Jacki's two foots and withstand your spanks rump by rump

#29785 10/21/05 11:24 AM
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
Quote:

Dbl spanks for Jacki. Using taboo sign AND going past 98 posts. You grasp Ip's two foots and Ip grasp Jacki's two foots and withstand your spanks rump by rump

Need I not say the obvious? Or should I bite my tongue?

#29786 10/21/05 11:38 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Naughty IP! Again using taboo sign. Más spanks

#29787 10/21/05 11:45 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Sí, IP. I, too, am posting past 98 posts, but was not first to do so. No spanks for you for that. Jacki wants spanks for that. IP has spanks coming for using many taboo signs.

#29788 10/21/05 11:52 AM
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
taboo signs<<

eh?

#29789 10/21/05 12:40 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Ohhhh! I did, I did! Sorry. Is fix'd, now.

#29790 10/21/05 02:19 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Quote:

eh?

boy, howdy. 50% taboo must install standard of unapproachability.

#29791 10/21/05 05:12 PM
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
Um, what are taboo signs? I really don't know what y'all are talking about.

#29792 10/21/05 05:16 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
> Um, what r taboo signs?

what's this bit of string all about, oh ins'l?

#29793 10/21/05 06:34 PM
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
Call me stupid, but I still don't get it. You mean, like "if u cn rd ths sgn, u cn gt a jb nd mk bg $s?" Was I doing that?

#29794 10/21/05 06:40 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
this thread is supposed to be an e free zone.

#29795 10/21/05 07:47 PM
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
Quote:

this thread is supposed to be an e free zone.

This subforum had its start in the notion that the fourth scratch from "A" could not alight in it.

#29796 10/21/05 07:52 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
now you got it.

#29797 10/21/05 08:15 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Quote:

This subforum had its start in the notion that the fourth scratch from "A" could not alight in it.

tsk-tsk

#29798 10/21/05 08:25 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
> tsk-tsk

Quote:

now you got it.

oops! almost.

#29799 10/21/05 08:33 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
hah®(?)

#29800 10/21/05 09:13 PM
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
Quote:

Quote:

tsk-tsk

This subforum had its start in a notion that that scratch forth right from "A" could not alight in it. So thair.

#29801 10/21/05 11:24 PM
W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Additional good from arriving tardy than not at all...

#29802 10/21/05 11:49 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I posit to sport on this board, by placing posts in this location which always avoid a particular symbol, which is on your input board just right of “W.” A most difficult trial, as it sounds as if a writing of a Bard of Stratford on Avon, but I know that you all - so highly smart - will win out gloriously.

~20 May 2001.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 442 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith