Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Notice how Jackie does not demur to my claim to village idiocy. [laughing duncecap emoticon]

#27025 04/27/01 08:55 PM
H
addict
addict
H
Wow's list reminds me of another one (and this is a nearly verbatim YART, I'll tell ya straight out).

Jim Hightower has said of our illustrious President W (long before he got that particular office, probably when he had his sights set on his real goal, Commissioner of Baseball): "If ignorance ever hits $50 a barrel, I want drilling rights on that man's head."

#27026 04/27/01 09:08 PM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
It sounds as though Jim Hightower was so lacking in talent for devising insults that he wanted to increase his own intracranial deposit of ignorance.I've heard some stupid insults but this one tops them all.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Notice how Jackie does not demur to my claim to village idiocy.
Now, don't haul me over the forearm/yardarm/forehead/forehand/whatever-it-is, Sparteye--
you had conceded that the spot didn't belong to you.
To which I will add that I have been admiring your very quick wit in your posts, esp. here lately: for ex.,
the yodeling comment--super! [blessings and thanksgiving e]

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
The witticisms said to have been written into efficiency reports make for good chuckles. However, I wonder how often such efforts at humor may hurt the perpetrator as much as the victim. The superior who reads the evaluations needs facts on which to base a personnel action, and may be seriously annoyed by humor.

G
old hand
old hand
G
Nowadays I'm the AWAD village idiot.

Well, frog feathers. You mean that I can't even claim that distinction? I'll fight ya for it, Geoff.

Oh, boy, I sure do get myself in a lot of trouble on this board! Two weeks ago I had to fight a duel with AnnaStrophic, (overcooked okra at twenty paces) and now I gotta go up against a Yankee lawyer? Groannnnn! So what's it gonna be? Another food fignt, perhaps? Strawberry torts at ten paces?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Bill, I think most of the "fitness report" comments were apocryphal, somehow. The military are not normally noted for their wit, although I concede some members of the military may have some! Funny as, some of those expressions, though.

I think "I would not breed this officer", if actually said, is one of the most damning put-downs I've ever seen!

BTW, I'm measurable, and I'm sure that others on the Board have one bigger than mine!

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Geoff--strawberry 'torts'--good one!
I'm sure our Sparteye is armed to the teeth.
==========================================================
I'm measurable, and I'm sure that others on the Board have one bigger than mine!
Oh, you did NOT say that! Yipes!

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
I recently read a biography of US Grant. A junior lieutenant asked him why he had not had a promotion in two years. Grant pointed to a donkey, and said:" He's been here three years, and he's still a jackass!"

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I'm measurable, and I'm sure that others on the Board have one bigger than mine!
Oh, you did NOT say that! Yipes!

Yes I did, but I was too dumb to put a complete reference in ...

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,317
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 759 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,534
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith