Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
M
Knowing the refined and cultured tastes of many who post here, I fely obliged to do all such art lovers a gross disservice by posting the following links.
Bagasse & Gematria Mumblestoats' Museum of Depressionist Art :
http://www.dearauntnettie.com/museum/index.htm

The Gladys Dwindlebimmers Ralston Gallery of the Unidentifiable:
http://208.55.110.185/gallery/index.htm

In case anybody is wondering about the linguistic relevance of this post, I would love to read some reviews of the sites. No doubt reviewing them will provide scope for some creative use of language.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
max, I think it would be extremely instructive to know which (if any) of these objets made each of us laugh aloud. for me it was the "golden bowl" / "golden helmet" and the "bowling trophy".

enthusiast
enthusiast
which of these objets made each of us laugh aloud

I have to agree with tsuwm that the "bowling trophy" is the piece with the highest sight-gag value.

I laughed aloud at the description of "Early Experiment with Genetic Engineering."

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
Yes, loved the legged wonder; and several of the pictures were funny - I liked the description accompanying Fog, and the detail view

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
In reply to:

I think it would be extremely instructive to know which (if any) of these objets made each of us laugh aloud.

Birdboy has two mommies
Homage to Bullwinkle*

[*wondering whether done by the same artist as Bowling Trophy emoticon]

M
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
M
, I think it would be extremely instructive to know which (if any) of these objets made each of us laugh aloud. for me it was the "golden bowl" / "golden helmet" and the "bowling trophy".

"Imelda and Ferdinand", "Exploding Brass Nude", "Early Experiment in Genetic Engineering"

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I liked the description accompanying Fog, and the detail view

A friend of mine while we were both in art school did something very similar to "Fog" when she was completely stumped on what to do for an assignment. The real laugh was when she actually got good marks on it.

Ali

M
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
M
A friend of mine while we were both in art school did something very similar to "Fog" when she was completely stumped on what to do for an assignment. The real laugh was when she actually got good marks on it.

SSSHH!! Not so loud! You don't want to go confirming all those philistine suspicions about "art" now, do you?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I think it would be extremely instructive to know which (if any) of these objets made each of us laugh aloud.

"Exploding Nude#4", "Early Experiment with Genetic Engineering" and "Unfinished Portrait of George Washington" got me laughing.

Thanks for the link, Max! Reminded me of one of the better years of art history classes when we tried to come up with what was really going on behind some of the masters' artwork.....

Ali

M
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
M
I laughed aloud at the description of "Early Experiment with Genetic Engineering."

Omnascient Max did not realise that there were descriptions with each piece until I read Seian's reply about fog. Reading the description of "Early Experiment with Genetic Engineering", elevated it to top of my list as well. Bar-bek-Eurib, head biotechnologist under Havapilsner I, good stuff.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith