Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
old hand
Welcome, Calliopebrook - it's good to have amongst us a beautiful-voiced poet who will run for ever! smile

Being Hogmaster isn't that bad. It is a sporadically intense activity, but I think, last time I took the Chair, it only used a total of four or five hours of my time, spread over three weeks.
If you feel like having a go, then do so, by all means - we'll support you as best we can.

I'm immortal until proven otherwise
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted By: Calliopebrook

It sounds terrible

Marvin shows up in disguise.

old hand
old hand
Brain the size of a planet, and they ask me to take you to the bridge. hehe, classic.

C
C
Master of the Hogs...

For example, if the word logorrhea were to be used and the definition given:

This one time, I was out hunting and man-o-man! Help me Jesus! Don't nothing travel faster than diarrhea... Before I could get my orange vest untied and tossed...coat unzipped and thrown aside...overall hunting bib unhooked and outa the way. Before I could sit on this log...
SHEIT FIRE AND SAVE THE MATCHES! Turned it into logorrhea.

Might be older than my granny's foot and twice as corny. But that's the God's honest truth.

Last edited by Cowboy_Monkey; 04/17/15 04:13 AM.
C
C
I just realized the Hogmaster is a girl. That makes this sounder of swine a matriarchal sounder. Sounder is the name of a group of mature pigs.

Pigs are very social; they form close ties to one another and are comforted by the close proximity of other pigs. They are extremely intelligent and gregarious, communicating with each other constantly through a complex vocabulary of oinks, grunts and squeals. Most pigs are peaceful and rarely show aggression unless they perceive a threat. Contrary to their reputation, pigs are very clean. Even very young pigs relieve themselves in an area far away from where they lie down and sleep.

And they're screwed because they taste great.

We almost hit hogzilla at night. Seen a 500 pounder before and this one was probably 700 pounds. Black and standing in the opposite lane. Riding low in a small car, time slowed. Thing was eye-level with me as we passed doing sixty. Would have done some damage.

They grow big around nuclear sites in the South where little hunting is done. Wild hog meat, especially the sows, looks like and taste like exquisite roast beef.

Worked with a hog-calling man some years back. He and his family were on the Jay Leno show... What a hoot...and holler.

The shirt he wore to the show, not allowed to wear it. Too close to what Leno would have on so Leno loaned him one of his. Told him, "I want it back."

When the audience erupted with this champion hog-calling family going at it, Leno about rolling on the floor, he pointed at the dude, "THE SHIRT IS YOURS!"

C
C
National Public Radio plays this game. A word is given to a panel of three. Two deffs are daffy, and one the Real McCoy. The contestants gotta pick.

It would be funny, Paula Poundstone is on the panel, but like frigging clock-work on meth: politics. They ruin it with politics.

"Paula, what is the meaning of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?"

"O!M!G! Lindsey! You're in my head! I was just thinking of THAT WORD! It describes the warmongering Bush, worried about all the lies he told, so we's go and die really-really fast for oil and revenge."

"Paula, that is tooooo funny...and might I add, very believable."

A
stranger
stranger
A

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Welcome, I think.

and acc/to Google, the Thai says "watch movies online'.

Last edited by LukeJavan8; 11/19/20 05:05 PM.

----please, draw me a sheep----
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith