Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 48 of 59 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 58 59
addict
addict
'What hath inglory done for us?' he cried at the top of his lungs, 'Nowt but made vices of us,' he continued to rapturous applause, 'I shall not be a doormat, terrified of a master I don't want' the cheering lessened as he moved onto a more boring subject, that of the minisub stances of world governments. Realising he had lost the crowd he changed to another, 'MEntity mapping is the new thing?' he queried and was greeted with silence, 'err...ar...TICLE informed education maybe?', once more nothing, he was panicking now, 'how about...' a sob 'jecta? No? Well in that case I give up' raucous applause followed much to his disappointment, and didn't finish until he was out of the building.

Find thing and 6 synonyms smile

(apologies for how terrible it is...I couldn't really think of anything!)

----The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false----
addict
addict
'No more to travel to Aisa, idyllic as it is' he _ _ _ _

On the map utopianists are also found in Mozambique, capital city of which is _ _ _ _ _ _

'_ _ _ _ _ _ _ is a philosophical concept that refers to liberty and is often referred to by setting slaves free DOMINIC!' the teacher shouted at the unruly pupil.

My old English teacher used to give us these...the _'s tell of the missing word in the sentence (can be anywhere in the sentence), which can be found in the words of the question/sentence (The question ones tended to be very difficult as you had to know the answer before you could look for the word...). Feel free to answer these easy ones instead of the rather rubbish paragraph I posted earlier.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I get the last two....but not the first one?

Maputo map utopianist
Freedom free' Dominic

addict
addict
Bravo! They seemed to be a bit better than my truly atrocious paragraph...the third you were looking for was

said aisa idyllic

up above in white (spolier (also have wanted to do that for AGES!)not really spoiling it but anyway...)

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Oh...I should have got that blush

re 'white spoiler' there is another way which I'll try now...

Click to reveal..
using the 'S' strike through key.....I've been wanting to do this for a while too LOL

yeh....it works.

and bexter...re onnickler.....they are hard to do, I try and fail to get any sensible sentence, let alone a paragraph. Maybe there is a formula we don't know about yet.

Last edited by Candy; 12/01/10 11:41 PM. Reason: it works!
Candy #194502 12/02/10 04:18 AM
W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Sorry. Busy. Crunch time. The electronic record takes twice as long to work with as the old paper one did, and our annual Messiah performance goes up on Saturday, rehearsals all week...no time to spare. The sponsoring body is named Music Worcester, a relatively large organization, but I'm afraid it's going to produce a small audience this year.

You did right to continue on without me. (But if you search, and eliminate all the extraneous stuff, I did squeeze in a very primitive onnicle here.)

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Good luck with the Messiah on Saturday, wofa, though it sounds as if you are putting much more into the performance than you expect to get appreciated by the audience...still if only one person is in rapture, your work is done.

Maybe you could upload a video onto you tube and we all could hear it.

bexter did solve your puzzle whistle if you check back a bit.

Candy #194509 12/02/10 11:54 AM
W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
I don't think that'll be possible, unfortunately. Union rules prohibit even our getting a CD of it. Except for a moderate fee, of course, which Music Worcester declines to fork over, in these tight times. But Robert Honeysucker (Bass) at rehearsal last night sounded as though he could have raised the dead with his Trumpet ! (And that wouldn't come across on a video anyway, I fear...)

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah

Well.... this is what I have!!!!!!

Antarctic
snow
ice
sub c (as in centigrade.... garbing at straws here)
minus
therm (not sure with this one either) and maybe
south

the other word I found was...panic, but I'm not doing that.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Originally Posted By: wofahulicodoc
..... Robert Honeysucker (Bass) at rehearsal last night sounded as though he could have raised the dead with his Trumpet !

almost an aptonym happening there....

also...pity about the (lack of ) recording....it would have been nice to hear it.

Page 48 of 59 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 58 59

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith