Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 59 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 58 59
J
veteran
veteran
J
Yes!...uh,I mean,uh, no. Your answer is better than mine. I pulled the ole "Ayn Rand" trick but I couldn't fit in the "shrugged". This Bud's for you, Beck.

addict
addict
How's this? Sounds like something she'd say.

Say, "Neither 'they' nor 'we' do we hold dear." And, at last, wish rugged individualism on the world.

This Beck's for you, Bud.

"I don't know which is worse: ignorance or apathy. And, frankly, I don't care." - Anonymous
J
veteran
veteran
J
Sure, that's easy for you to say, you're the champ, you are the first coming and the last going, you are Beck. smile

addict
addict
I definitely disagree with some of that.

You may have heard of the singing chipmunk, Alvin. Central to his story of musical success are the dues he (along with Theodore and Simon) paid travelling the back roads of America from engagement to engagement in a decrepit Volkswagen van many years ago. Ghosts of the three, long-deceased rodents are still occasionally seen on starry nights in roadhouse parking lots throughout the country.

This artist had an ear for music, too.

"I don't know which is worse: ignorance or apathy. And, frankly, I don't care." - Anonymous
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
vin.Cent van go.Gh: starry nights! (Excellent on the Gogh.)

Asquith was learning how to meditate. He sat in the lotus position, chanting, "Am". "No no no", his instructor cried. "You have to do it with 'Om', as you well know". Old Azzy, being of the Southron* persuasion, said, "Way-al", vacillating momentarily; "whut I tried is only whut I heard".

This person learned lots of ways how not to do something.

*Hi, Anna!

J
veteran
veteran
J
THOMAS EDISON

The Queen donned her lucky bonnet. Her land's fate would unfold today. Her hat was frumpy; a funky queen-size royal red velvet creation she had bought for a song at a yard sale while visiting Spa in Belgium. She didn't care. Today, no convention, no human, no thing, must stand in the path of total victory. She wore a long evening frock and then for luck she stopped in the street and did a dance called the Castle Rock.

Did I mention that she wore a TIE?

Clue: A prediction

addict
addict
Netherlands, zero. Spain nothing. A tie. (You were close.)

My contribution will have to wait - maybe for a week or more, so somebody else please cut in for this dance.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Em...Thomas Alva Edison. Wish I could come up with a new one, but can't at the moment so I won't try yours...yet!

addict
addict
Eric, a berry farmer, referred to his wisdom concerning dogs as “Fido lore.” Somehow he managed to rear donated pups into adults that were the envy of the county. When Eric ran berries into the farmers’ market, the dogs would sit patiently in his driveway until he returned home.

An Irish rock group and its lead singer (now a solo performer.)

J
veteran
veteran
J
DOLORES O'REARDON AND THE CRANBERRIES

crazy I'm thinking, I'm thinking....

Page 25 of 59 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 58 59

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,271
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 399 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,502
LukeJavan8 9,915
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith