About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted By: themilum

I want to add that I am what I am today because of the inchoate yet inaesthetic stories of the inestimable Gallant Ted.

Sure. Blame it on a poor defenceless Teddy.

T
veteran
veteran
T
Originally Posted By: Faldage

I want to add that I am what I am today because of the inchoate yet inaesthetic stories of the inestimable Gallant Ted.

And you, Faldage, are my role model and my hero.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted By: Faldage

And you, Faldage, are my role model and my hero.

Sure. Blame it on a poor defenseless Fool.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Howye fokes! How is things?

I’m not codden ya but with alla the fierce bad weather and everythin, it’s fierce hard fer ta know what season it is fer sure. But lookily, us Teds don’t need ta be relyen on the elemints fer ta deduct what time a the year it is cos, once them frisky little lambs gambol their way inta Slasher’s jint, we know that spring has finally sprung and alla that sorta stuff.

And I’ll tell ya, them little balls a wool just love their bitta gambollen – they gambol on the horses, they gambol on the cards, they gambol on the football, they gambol on the next song ta be played outta the juke-box. But their most favourite thing ta be gambollen on is the dogs.

They usually sit over by the window, with one pinta ribina between them – and 7 straws ta boot - and carefully study the form a the dogs outside on the street. And then after much consideration and after taken a few slurps a the communal ribina the gambollen will start.

“Betcha that cur by the lamp post is a bitch,” one will say ta the other.

“Betcha she’s not.”

“Betcha he’s a out-and-out sheep worrier,” another will say.

“Betcha she’s not.”

“Betcha yer too chicken fer ta go out and find out wether she is or he isn’t.”

“Betcha I’m not.”

Anyways, this was the exact scenario the other day and MadDogTed evintually had ta go over ta see if he could settle the bet and shut them up cos their incessant bleeten was getten too much fer his sinsitive little ears. And fer a small fee he offered fer ta go out and find out if the sed dog was or wasn’t a sheep worrier.

So out he went and after haven a few words with the dog he came back in with the result. “ He’s a sheep worrier fer sure,” sed MadDogTed. “How do ya know?” sed the lambs.

“Cos he told me ta tell ye that a huge consignment a mint sauce had just been delivered ta the local butchers.”

Well, the little sheep were fierce worried at that fer sure and ordered 7 pints a ribina and rum fer ta help ferget their troubles. I suppose it were a case a “dinner all right” fer sure.

Be seein ya

GallantTed
http://www.mayoecho.com/online_edition.htm

Last edited by GallantTed; 04/27/08 10:35 PM.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Ah, Ted. Good to see you again. And I'm glad to know what kind of gamboling those lambs really do. I had some cockamamie notion that it was something else entirely. Thanks for setting me straight.

old hand
old hand
Where's olly? He should be an expert on this.

old hand
old hand
 Originally Posted By: The Pook
Where's olly? He should be an expert on this.

After ewe!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Slasher's pastoral suite?
Oh,my! The poor lambs marinated in ribina and rum and topped off with a mint sauce.

Fun to see the Echo pages;(26)! the 30 minutes crosswords will take me 30 days, I'm afraid.

EDIT: The Echo version is a good laugh too.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks for the link Ted.
It is indeed good to see ewe, as ever.
As I remember, my dear old Ma loved the mint sauce .

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Howye Gallant Ted? I've come to know through ISI, (Internet Secret Intelligence) that Ted has been taken hostage to a so far unknown foreign country after he ventured in the dangerous quarters of public policies. I certainly hope that soon he'll be at least reconnected to his faithful little pals back home. Wish you strength , hope and a good outcome.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith