Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Howye fokes!

TEd (no relation) - ya sed it on a plat fer sure.

Branshea - thanks a millin fer the potta jam stuff - we ate it fer sure and it done wonders fer the fur on our tongues.

Faldage - I'd love ta be around more but I had ta spend the past few weeks learen the Latin fer ta unravel yer quote on the other thread, will ya just translate it fer me so that I can confirm that I'm right again.

Be seein ya

GT

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Be glad to, Ted. What was it I wrote?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks for the multiple laughs Teds et al
'always a pleasure

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Howye fokes! How is things?

In taday’s cut throat society when everybody would give their high teeth and their right arm – not ta mention take the eye outta yer hed - just fer ta keep up with the Jonses, it’s just grate ta see that a brand new book on the subject entitled, "How ta Get Ahed" has been published by none other then me very wordy pal, Albear Camoo. And the letters a gratitude what we received from greatfull readers only speek volums on how awe-inspirenly brillant this opus actually is. For example:

Dear Ted

I read your column with great pleasure and interest every week and think it’s the best thing since super glue. Keep up the good work and I have to agree with you, that without a doubt Goldilocks is indeed a proper galloping trollop … (and all that sorta stuff – the writer doesn’t quiet stop there but outta modesty I’ll get ta his pint quick – GTed).

Please, please pass on my heartiest congratulations to your little pal, Albear Camoo, for his remarkable new book, "How to Get Ahead". I followed all his tips and advice to the very letter and Ted, and cannot begin to explain how my life has turned around for the better. Although, all of the book was most helpful and stimulating, I personally found the following tips to be totally awe-inspiring:

In order to get ahead you must: 1. Keep your finger on the pulse. 2. Keep your shoulder to the wheel. 3. Keep your back covered. 4. Keep trouble at arms length. 5. Keep your feet on the ground. 6. Have a hard neck. 7. Always have a leg to stand on. 8. Get your foor in the door, but never put it in it. 9. Even when times get tough, never throw your hand in.

Well, Ted, as soon as I put the above tips into practice I met, what I can only describe as, my other half. I have never been happier, and at last I feel like a complete person. Of course, sometimes we argue over the best bits of this wonderful book!!! My significant other found the chapter called How to Achieve the Perfect Body to be a great help in their own personal quest for perfection and recommends the following tips: 1. Keep your nose clean and to the grindstone. 2. Keep your ear to the ground. 3. Keep an eye out. 4. Keep your mouth shut. 5. Keep your head above water.

These tips never quite worked for me, Ted, but then again, they do say that opposites attract!

Signed: George (formally known as the Headless Horseman)

Well there ye have it fokes - certainly a case of a old sock meeten a old shoe, and all because a Albear's grate new book ta boot.

Be seein ya

GallantTed

T
veteran
veteran
T
Grate review Ted, you have no peer among bear raconteurs!

Now stay out of Slashers Bar and follow every salient pint Albear Camoo has made in his soon-to-be-grate book.

Except one. Please promise us that you'll never, never, heed Camoo's advice number 4. Keep your mouth shut.

Without your careful explaining Ted, some folks here might think that Goldilocks was as sweet and innocent as was ( may hallowed be his name) Saint Patrick.

Besides, you make us laugh and laugh and laugh.

Last edited by themilum; 10/24/07 03:39 AM.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Thanks Ted , after I've stopped laughing (may take a while) I will pass on your hearty column to non AWAD reading friends and family. Specially to the ones that are being harassed by undeserving types of managers of all kinds.With the support of Camoo's book they we be able to trade places in no time,I trust, or find the courage to take the giant leap to insecurity and start a deserving little business of their own.

Glad to see you all made it through the lousy summer.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Howye fokes! How is things?

Browsen thru me Tedasaurus - the ancient booka Teds what I inherited from me wordy fourbears - I came across a very interesten account on Young Ted the Scientist what is renound fer finally solven the mind bogglen riddle a the chicken and the egg.

Ya see, he lived back duren the Age a Enlightenmint when alla the grate minds a the day spent their time sitten around inventen things and discussen the Grate Questions what was befuddlen everyone at the time. And every year they held a big huge compitition ta see who had the best mind a them all.

Anyways, one year Young Ted entered his invention a the instant camera and was laffed and jeered outta it by his peers at such a stupid idea – it’s reported that Mona Lisa herself even nearly broke inta a smile at the absurd notion a such a thing, especially when she herd that there wasn’t even a phone attatched ta it.

Well, after that me wordy forebear, what was by now totally bankrupt, spent his days tryen ta regain his losses by gamblen, boozen and general carrousen. And one day whilst returnen home, he happened upon a grate debate what was happenen in the village square. Alla the grate minds were there goen hammer and tongs, hell fer leather and fire and brimstone arguenen over which came first – The Chicken or The Egg. And there was a big huge prize fer the person what could prove the right answer, ta boot.

So up steps Young Ted and announces that neither The Chicken or the Egg came first – but in fact it was a ded heat between them. Well, ya can imagine the boos, jeers and rotten tomatas what assaulted the poor little bear at maken such a totally ludacris statemint. But then didn’t the little fella produce a photysnap showen a photy finish from the 3.30 at races The Curragh, where nose-ta-nose, The Chicken and The Egg finished at exactly the same pint in the race.

And as there was no arguen with that hard-nosed proof fer sure, Young Ted won the big huge prize and happily lived out the resta his days doen what he did best – gamblen, boozen and general carrousen. By the way, a hoss called The Lame Duck came third.

Be seein ya

GallantTed

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Always good to hear from you GT. You don't come around near often enough.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Quote:
it’s reported that Mona Lisa herself even nearly broke inta a smile ( * \/ * )

Great, Ted!
There's been thousands of comments (in image and word) on the most famous of all smiles in history, but this one I had not yet met with.

Second, it's good to know Young Ted used his wit to get some substancial benefits. (I knew sooner or later he'd be allright)

Last edited by BranShea; 01/23/08 02:37 PM.
T
veteran
veteran
T
Ah Ted, you had me going there for a minute. But then it struck me; you were, of course, speaking allegorically. Your example of a horse race between three horses named "Chicken", "Egg" and "Lame Duck" tri-actively symbolized a quintessential question, namely, "Which came first? The Chicken or the Egg, or the "Lame Duck".

You are brilliant. In your compendium the so-called "chicken" is within its own self a representation of the so-called "egg"... inasmuch as both are good to eat.

And as for the so-called "Lame Duck" it is, in fact, a "Lame Duck". Gallant Ted included a lame duck to remind us to be kind to our web footed friends; because the duck might be somebody's brother, who lives all alone in the swamp, where it's cold and damp.
You may think that this is the end...well it ain't.

I want to add that I am what I am today because of the inchoate yet inaesthetic stories of the inestimable Gallant Ted.

Last edited by themilum; 01/26/08 03:05 PM.
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 435 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith