Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#165024 01/10/07 08:45 PM
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
" Omnivorous giant termite Home Sapiens gnaws on" was the announcement of a BBC - world program today about the rapid transformation from what is left of the Brazilian rainforests to soybean fields. After the wood chopping for the sake of hard wood use seemed to be under control this new attack on the 'lungs' of the world . In its trail the whole hanging matter of global warming was discussed.

I mostly try to take this warming up thing not too serious and stil believe in the earth making its own defense and revenge.
But I was really shocked when I read some Japanese (Kyoto- treaty) thought it scientifically interesting to drill a hole all the way to the very center of the earth. What on earth? What possible use could this serve?( It pictures Home Sapiens clearer as a giant gnawer and poker ).

This little pink carnation on the side is taken on 01/05/07 outside on the window sill. It should not be there.
This is no winter flower. We have had winters without snow, but never winters with carnations.Not up this high.
Anyone else noticed something in his /her backyard that should not be there this time of the year?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Quote:

Anyone else noticed something in his /her backyard that should not be there this time of the year?

Yep. Fresh snowfall on mountains nearby, on Jan. 1.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
mosquitoes! last week i was bitten, and i saw several others in the evening drawn to a light by the side of the door! not normal for NYC in January.
but today is normal (last week it hit 72degrees one day(f)) the temp are a few degrees above freezing (36(f)) (about 3 or so (c))

T
veteran
veteran
T
Lions and Bears.

This winter has brought lions and bears to North Alabama.
Although black bears are rare but known to South Alabama, they now have been confirmed to occur in the Bankhead National Forest in North Alabama.

The lions are Mountain Lions spotted by my friend Jim Lacefield and his wife who own a wonderful nature preserve in North Alabama.

The recording of temperatures of Alabama caves with respect to the, so called, "Global Warming" is one I will investigate myself and report my findings back here.

Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Photographed today: four rose-ringed parakeets on the bare young chestnut tree's branches. A weird display next to the woodpigeons.
It's known they can survive some cold very well, but I never had them in the backyard ever before.

T
veteran
veteran
T
Well? Send the photos today.

We will discern the global warming.

Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Quote:

Well? Send the photos today.
We will discern the global warming.
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9194/img18312uj6.jpg

The quality is not super . I had to stay inside not to scare them off. The pigeons are outside the frame because of privacy claims.

Last edited by BranShea; 01/17/07 05:55 PM.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Them's parakeets arright.

T
veteran
veteran
T
the parakeets of Brooklyn

On the other hand I have yet to find a study that is keeping track of the annual temperature changes in a large number of caves worldwide.

This is strange because, excepting minor fluctuations, most limestone caves measure the average temperature of the outside annual mean.
Meaning that they would record any changes in the temperature of the Earth.

I'll keep looking.

Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Well TM, this settles your account from the negative to the positve. All to 's and with 's and at 's erased.
Fun!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,271
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (A C Bowden), 285 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,502
LukeJavan8 9,915
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith