oh so Twentieth Century

And, you're positively medieval, dahlink. 8^*

Ceci n'est pas un seing.
#160937 07/16/06 12:01 AM
T
veteran
veteran
T
Now, now, zmjezhd. You probably call everyone "darlink"; and everyone calls you "darlink" too.

You don't know what you're saying, it's just a game you're playing.
I wish, I wish, that I could call you "darlink" too. Hoy! hoy! hoy!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
You probably call everyone "darlink"; and everyone calls you "darlink" too.

Don't worry, Mr TheMilum, I didn't mean no discourtesy by callin you "dahlink". Just a Coconino County endearment.

PS, you win!

Ceci n'est pas un seing.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Quote:

Just a Coconino County endearment.

Krazy!

T
veteran
veteran
T
Quote:

Quote:

Just a Coconino County endearment.

Krazy!

This is what ee cummings said about that...

What concerns me fundamentaly is a meteoric burlesk melodrama,born of the immemorial adage love will find a way. This frank frenzy (encouraged by a strictly irrational landscape in perpetual metamorphosis) generates three protagonists and a plot. Two of the protagonists are easily recognized as a cynical brick-throwing mouse and a sentimental policeman-dog. The third protagonist -- whose ambiguous gender doesn't disguise the good news that here comes our heroine -- may be described as a humbly poetic, gently clownlike, supremely innocent, and illimitably affectionate creature (slightly resembling a child's drawing of a cat, but gifted with the secret grace and obvious clumsiness of a penguin on terra firma) who is never so happy as when egoist-mouse, thwarting altruist-dog, hits her in the head with a brick. Dog hates mouse and worships "cat", mouse despises "cat" and hates dog, "cat" hates no one and loves mouse.

Ignatz Mouse and Offissa Pupp are opposite sides of the same coin. Is Offissa Pupp kind? Only in so far as Ignatz Mouse is cruel. If you're a twofisted, spineless progressive (a mighty fashionable stance nowadays) Offissa Pupp, who forcefully asserts the will of socalled society, becomes a cosmic angel; while Ignatz Mouse, who forcefully defies society's socalled will by asserting his authentic own, becomes a demon of anarchy and a fiend of chaos. But if -- whisper it -- you're a 100% hidebound reactionary, the foot's in the other shoe. Ignatz Mouse then stands forth as a hero, pluckily struggling to keep the flag of free will flying; while Offissa Pupp assumes the monstrous mien of a Goliath, satanically bullying a tiny but indomitable David. Well, let's flip the coin -- so: and lo! Offissa Pupp comes up. That makes Ignatz Mouse "tails." Now we have a hero whose heart has gone to his head and a villain whose head has gone to his heart.

This hero and villain no more understand Krazy Kat than the mythical denizens of a two dimensional realm understand some three dimensional intruder. The world of Offissa Pupp and Ignatz Mouse is a knowledgeable power-world, in terms of which our unknowledgeable heroine is powerlessness personified. The sensical law of this world is might makes right; the nonsensical law of our heroine is love conquers all.

To put the oak in the acorn: Ignatz Mouse and Offissa Pupp (each completely convinced that his own particular brand of might makes right) are simple-minded--Krazy isn't--therefore, to Offissa Pupp and Ignatz Mouse, Krazy is. But if both our hero and our villain don't and can't understand our heroine, each of them can and each of them does misunderstand her differently. To our softhearted altruist, she is the adorably helpless incarnation of saintliness. To our hardhearted egoist, she is the puzzlingly indestructible embodiment of idiocy. The benevolent overdog sees her as an inspired weakling. The malevolent undermouse views her as a born target. Meanwhile Krazy Kat, through this double misunderstanding, fulfills her joyous destiny.

I am Krazy Kat, Faldage is Offissa Pupp the dog, and zmjezhg is Ignate the mouse. Yin, Yang, and Jung.

----> And zmjezhd, remember, only the winner declares checkmate

Last edited by themilum; 07/16/06 03:16 PM.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I am Krazy Kat, Faldage is Offissa Pupp the dog, and zmjezhg is Ignate the mouse. Yin, Yang, and Jung.

Well, since you got that right, we'll both understand how my "dahlink" was ironical, whereas yours "darlink" was sincere.

only the winner declares checkmate

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who think life is a game of chess and those who don't. En passant and strictly entre nous, check.

Ceci n'est pas un seing.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith