Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
T
To be noted: Since the inception of AwadTalk, subscriptions to Anu's A Word A Day have doubled to 600,000 while participation in AwadTalk has remained the posting board of a small handful of twenty or so regulars who use the venue as a convenient place to chat.
And while this pratice is nice it seems antithetical to the inherent egalitarian nature of the AwadTalk board, as listed...

(1)The circumstance of their allegence to AwadTalk imbues the long established posters with a sense of propiertorship that has restricted the free expression of ideas that was obviously envisioned by Anu from the start.

(2) Although most of the group of longtime posters here have an alternate chat site to discuss matters of this board, they have in the past used that site as a mattter of course to inhibit the growth of the AwadTalk forum.

(3) Insults, slander, mockery, and condescension are the verbal tools that are used in concert by the self-anointed establishment here. This single fact accounts for the King's measure of the lack of growth of this board; once a most promising Worldwide word forum.

A forthcoming petition will suggest a set of words that will stand as a covenant between those who are ruled and those who enforce the rules. Precise and considered words which clearly outline acceptable and non-acceptable conduct will protect everyone here from the intrusion of the unruly.

Thank you.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I know this is a complete waste of time, but, here goes ...

(1)The circumstance of their allegence to AwadTalk imbues the long established posters with a sense of propiertorship that has restricted the free expression of ideas that was obviously envisioned by Anu from the start.

Give me an example of where and how this is happened, and please don't go all Mormon on me and take it out of context.

(2) Although most of the group of longtime posters here have an alternate chat site to discuss matters of this board, they have in the past used that site as a mattter of course to inhibit the growth of the AwadTalk forum.

Again, please give me an example which proves that "we" have used the "alternate chat site" to "inhibit the growth of the AwadTalk forum". I will find your response MOST interesting ...

(3) Insults, slander, mockery, and condescension are the verbal tools that are used in concert by the self-anointed establishment here. This single fact accounts for the King's measure of the lack of growth of this board; once a most promising Worldwide word forum.

Yes, I agree. Here's an example of just what you're talking about:

"Pull up your dress, maverick. Say first what keiva has said that caused you to lose your aplomb.
Once I thought you to be the epitome of English culture.
Today I think you are a rude joke.
What? You call a person a "foul pesilental little maggot"?

Cite your reasoning, limey, or forever remain a clever jerk.

Milo."

A forthcoming petition will suggest a set of words that will stand as a covenant between those who are ruled and those who enforce the rules. Precise and considered words which clearly outline acceptable and non-acceptable conduct will protect everyone here from the intrusion of the unruly.

Who enforces what rules? Again, give specific examples. As far as I'm aware NO ONE enforces rules here, even when they should be specified and enforced, and that someone is Anu, who chooses not to. Although Jackie has some administration rights, I'm not aware of her ever flexing her "muscles". I am prepared to stand corrected, however, if you can demonstrate that she has done so. There are no other rule-givers or enforcers as far as I'm aware, although there are certainly people who post here who would seem to be keen to act as enforcers.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Capfka writes: "please don't go all Mormon on me and take it out of context."

And the old padre responds: Oh, Pfranz, you are gonna be in so much trouble. When I say things like that, my wife makes me go sit in the corner.

Z
Zed Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Z
This was covered in Jackie's "experiment" thread and I was sincerely hoping that the opinion of the majority would be respected and this topic could be dropped.

T
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
T

Capfka are you trying to prove my point by example?
Look about you. See, this is Information & announcements
and my post is an announcement not a discussion.
Go debate your buddies on your secret board.

And Zed, the opinion of what majority?
The majority of the chums?

Geez.

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,322
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 450 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,535
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith