Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#132598 09/03/04 02:22 PM
G
grapho Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
G
I was thinking of what a corrosion of "team think" it is to have someone like Grapho posting around here.

But then I considered the matter more deeply.

"The team" should want to encourage Grapho because once he becomes an "Enthusiast" he automatically expires. [Just like Plutarch and Wordminstrel, not to mention Moss and Tang.]

P.S. Kudos to JohnJohn for "team think". Just kiddin', JohnJohn. It is your term, and honor compels me to acknowledge that, but it is not your intended meaning.

There are some around here who might judge you guilty by association. To them, I say: Puns don't kill people. People do.

G
grapho Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
G
I was wondering what "the team thinks" about "Team Think" when I got up this morning.

Then I visited "Team Think" and found out.

It kinda gave me a rush of excitement.

Thanks for the boost to my confidence, "team".

I must be doin' somethin' right if the "team think" is on full press.

But, beware, team thinkers.

If a crack appears in the "team", "Team Think" can be over in the blink of an eye.

One stray cat and suddenly there is an alley full of them.

The time has come to rally the Carpal Tunnels as never before!

There could be light at the end of the Carpal Tunnel.

#132600 09/04/04 02:11 PM
G
grapho Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
G
The reign of "the circle" could come full circle.

Who dares to rain on their charade?

Is there a Carpal Tunnel in the kingdom who will break ranks with the feudal wordlords?

Is there a Carpal Tunnel with the wisdom and courage to write "Our Land" in the sand?

#132601 09/04/04 03:00 PM
M
M
Who dares to rain on their charade?

Go for it, Grapho.

What the Carpal Tunnels cannot inspire with words, they cannot coerce with silence.

#132602 09/04/04 03:02 PM
G
grapho Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
G
What they cannot inspire with words ...

Thank you, Moss.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

#132603 09/04/04 04:46 PM
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I dunno grapho, your obsession with a nude Paris Hilton seemed kinda cute, but your apparent obsession with the so-called hierarchy seems kinda strange. If you don't like them, can't you just ignore them? Surely you don't need their blessing if what you want is what you proclaim i.e. a brighter and better and more egalitarian Awad board. That's it grapho, just use your language skills to court nice newcomers like me and ignore the oldtimers that you think are in control. Right?

#132604 09/04/04 06:39 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
But, *amemeba, I don't see any of this...

...if what you want is what you proclaim i.e. a brighter and better and more egalitarian Awad board. That's it grapho, just use your language skills..."

... coming from *grapho.

#132605 09/04/04 09:28 PM
G
grapho Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
G
That's it grapho, just use your language skills to court nice newcomers like me and ignore the oldtimers that you think are in control. Right?

You do have a way with words, Amemeba.*

But I'm all dressed up for a parry with nowhere to go.

As to my "obsession with a nude Paris Hilton", it's the only part of the package that makes any sense to me. The rest is haute airs.

* I must be honest with you, Amemeba. I don't think it is possible to rise to Carpal Tunnelhood without becoming Carpal Tunnelized.

Carpal Tunnels alone dispense censure, and "their own" are not subject to censure.

Obviously, they have any newcomer at a disadvantage by sheer weight of numbers.

I just saw Vanity Fair.

Reese Witherspoon's character is invited by King George, who is beguiled by her charms, to sit beside him at dinner. One of the ladies of noble lineage protests that such an arrangement offends "precedent". King George remarks: "Madam, I confer precedent."

The Carpal Tunnels believe that they "confer" precedent, that censure is theirs to dispense exclusively, without any pretence of a fair hearing, indeed, without any pretence of a hearing at all. I do not.

#132606 09/05/04 05:19 AM
G
grapho Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
G
The Carpal Tunnels believe they confer precedent. I do not.

The Carpal Tunnels believe no-one rises in esteem except unto them. I do not.

The Carpal Tunnels believe that all graces flow from them, and all disgrace. I do not.

The Carpal Tunnels believe that being a Carpal Tunnel is itself a grace, a grace and a privilege, and not something which can be achieved simply by climbing the stairs of the Kingdom as they did.

The Carpal Tunnels believe that merit is something to be shunned if it is not obsequious to their merits, real or imagined.

Tho they are many, the Carpal Tunnels are only one.

Altho I am only one, I am more than all of the Carpal Tunnels.

And so is anyone who breaks rank with them, or rises against their oppression in conscience.

The Carpal Tunnels belong down here with the lowliest of "Strangers". In fact, there shouldn't be any "Strangers" or "Carpal Tunnels".

There should only be people who respect one another, not as members of a privileged stratum, but as unique individuals with equal and unrestricted opportunities to enjoy all of the benefits of the community.

Of course, this is not a revolutionary concept in any domain where leaders are elected by secret ballot, and where principles of natural justice are not considered revolutionary.

It is only considered revolutionary here in AWADtalk.

#132607 09/05/04 01:10 PM
G
grapho Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
G
As to my "obsession with a nude Paris Hilton"

Let's not forget that Paris' home-made sex video released on the Internet [in the tradition of Pamela Anderson's romp to international stardom] launched her naughtie, hottie heiress career.

So Paris shouldn't be too haute to trot with us now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith