Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Re:how many posts do I need to make before I am no longer a stranger?

dunno, i've made thousands of post, and i'm still pretty stange.. (and just between you and me, so are most of the regualar croud that post on this BB.)
somewhere near 25 you lose the title 'stanger'- but what does the software know?

chewed lard got alot of press but exhibits at the Whitney are not for sale. (i don't know if the whitney exhibited the 'whole collection', and if other peices sold,) but the artist got far in exess of the standard 15 minutes.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Jeez Helen, you are strange. Just reread your bio. You have 3500 posts (in total I think I'm around the 3000 mark, depending on what you count in). But you said "without the horrible NYC accent" or words to that effect. Wanna second opinion?

Welcome Tross. Looks like you'll slot write in around here ...

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Thanks Capfka... I spent all day yesterday just reading past posts. And I mean all day... it was like a book I couldn't put down... The intrigue, the drama... you guys seem like a great, lively lot. I look forward to joining in the melee of word discussions.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Capfka, there is the word horrible there modifying NY accent- and no i don't have a horrid NY accent.

(i.e., Fran Dresier, in the Nanny, nor do i say tirty turd and turd, for thirty third and third.) i do have a mid atlantic accent, and there are only a few words that are "NY"-
Wanna second opinion? --i take it from your post , that had me laughing out loud, you have already made clear, your opinion!

(Dear tross- an number of us carpel's (as an other new comer named us) have met each other, and developed a comradery, - Capfka about half right- i am strange (but i know that!) and for him to comment on strong, horrid accents, is a definatly case of the pot calling the kettle black!)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith