Print Thread
#100855 04/13/03 06:31 PM
R
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
R
THE EMERALD WORDAPALOOZA

For the information of newcomers to this board, this is the second in what has become an annual event for habitués of the board. Last year, a small(-ish!) band of us gathered at the house of Sparteye for a week of chat, word- and other games, drinking, eating, splashing in the pool and other linguistic related activities. ()
This year, by mutual consent, it is being held in Ireland - details below.
There are still spaces left - we can certainly fit in another half-dozen of you. Costs and where/how to pay are at the bottom of this post.

Those alread coming are as follows:
Definite, paid-up:

Wordwind x 1
Jackie x 1
Ted Remington x 4
Consuelo x 1
RhubarbCommando x 2
Emanuela x 1
Rubrick x 1
Bean x 2
GallantTed x 1
jmh x 1

Those who have expressed an intention to come, but haven't yet managed to arrange a mortgage:-

belMarduk x 2
milum
Fiberbabe
Musick
Pfranz x 2
tsuwm

WHERE?
LETTERMORE, in COUNTY GALWAY
in the west of Ireland. It is a spectacularly beautiful location, on a smallish island which is attached to the mainland by a bridge. As Rubrick says, “Lettermore looks idyllic on its island - - - Lettermore is near Rossaveal where you can take the ferry to Inis Mor"

WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?
Go to http://www.irelandwestholidayhomes.com/galway.asp
and type in
Scs0854901 for the Lettermore accommodation. Place the number in the text field located on the map.

WHEN IS IT?

the WEEK 15th to 22nd JUNE inclusive

We have booked four cottages, each sleeping six people, for the week 15th to 22nd June inclusive – they are modern places with one double bed and four singles each, bed linen is supplied but not towels. (but towel hire can be arranged if you let us know in advance.) Each cottage has a shower, but I don’t think they have a bath.
They are easy walking distance from the beach (about a mile) 500 yards from a shop and about a mile from the nearest bar.

HOW MUCH?

The cost per person for the accomodation is a little less than €100 per person.
That amount will allow a small amount of the domestic necessities. There will be some extras for food and for a breakage deposit. At a rough guess, I think it will come to round about € 160 each for the week, give or take a bit.
At present, the €uro is roughly equal to the dollar.

It will help us immensely if you can pay € 100 up front, please, and as soon as possible.
Send cheques made out to the Euro amount to:

J.Richardson
Information Systems Services
200 Pearse Street
Trinity College
Dublin 2
Ireland

Rubrick says: cheques or money will have to be received by the end of this month (i.e., April 2003)but, if they are late, please drop me a PM to let me know that they will definitely be on their way.
We are still a few hundred short of the full rental cost and I don't want to have to pay the extra off my CC and get caught short.

Looking forward to meetin' all y'all!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Howya Rhu

How is things with ya? Listen, we was all wonderen hear if there'll be poteen maken facilities on site or will we have ta bring our own gear. Also, will there be a shop nearby where we can buy a few spuds?

I'm worken on me fake tan as I write so I'll be looken good when I get there.

Be seein ya

GT

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Bears, even those of the gallant variety, can tan?

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Course they can. How else do you get bear skin rugs?

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,271
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 263 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,502
LukeJavan8 9,915
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith