Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Faldage The envelope, please - 03/21/03 03:05 PM
And the winner of the 100,000th post contest is:

http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=miscellany&Number=100000

Pfranz Capfka!!!!

Congratulations, Pfranz. (Tell him what he wins, Don)

Posted By: tsuwm Re: The envelope, please - 03/21/03 03:07 PM
what were the odds that it would be Puerile?

Posted By: wwh Re: The envelope, please - 03/21/03 03:28 PM
Pure puer.

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: The envelope, please - 03/21/03 03:49 PM
Congratulations, Pfranz. (Tell him what he wins, Don)

Hey, hey!...not so easy!

Cap...now you're holding a hearty congratulations....but, if you like, you can trade that in for what's behind Door #1...Door #2...or Door #3?

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: The envelope, please - 03/21/03 03:58 PM
Oh...and the final word for AWAD's milestone posterity-setting 100,000th post is (drum roll, please).....................................................................................................
.................................................Bugger!

Gee, thanks, Pfranz!

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: The envelope, please - 03/21/03 04:21 PM
What the hell - 100,000 is 10 to the power of four whatever, ain't it?

Hearty Congrats, Capfka - thank goodness it was one of your better posts, say I!

Posted By: Pfranz' mum Re: The envelope, please - 03/21/03 05:26 PM
I always knew that boy would amount to something some day.

Posted By: Capfka Re: The envelope, please - 03/21/03 05:40 PM
Ooooo, I don't know what to say!

I'm so shocked and surprised that the academy chose little old meeeee.

I mean, I didn't expect this honour! I'd just like to say "thanks" to the college and everyone who contributed behind me, despite the extra weight the knives have added.

I have a little speech prepared earlier on my behalf by Haile Berry, if you all have half an hour. And I'm hiring Haile herself to cry for me. She's good enough for the entire South American continent, not just that piddling little Argentina

I'm sorry that the last word of the 100,000th post has shocked and dismayed the members of the Academie AWADais but, as I always say, if it's good enough for Toyota NZ's advertising department it's good enough for the whole world.

I remember saying my first word at the tender age of 1 year, 3 months, 15 days and 4 hou ... gerroff you mad bastard! Oh, all right then.

And in conclusion, I'd like to thank my mum for contacting the board via ouija board. I find it very refreshing to have all of my suspicions about what people do in the hereafter confirmed so conclusively. Harping on a little, like. She was bipolar in real life, but now she's truly one-dimensional. That's surely got to be an improvement, doesn't it?

- Pfranz
Posted By: belMarduk Re: The envelope, please - 03/23/03 09:18 PM
>>Ooooo, I don't know what to say!

Ya, like that has EVER happened to Cap. Who are you and what have you done wif 'em?

Posted By: Wordwind Re: The envelope, please - 03/23/03 09:35 PM
Who's gerroff? Is that what you called your little stuffed giraffe? I never can understand hardly anything you say now. It appears I wouldn't have understood you at 1 either... But I can somehow imagine quite easily your holding up a little stuffed giraffe and saying "Gerroff you mad bastard!" to it when you were only 1 plus a few months. That does make perfectly good sense to me regarding what I know of you. Somehow endearing, even.

© Wordsmith.org