Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Jackie CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/14/03 09:08 PM
You say you have "No claim to fame". Well, that may have been true in the past, but not any more. You are the first person to reach 10,000 posts here on AWADtalk! I offer you my hearty thanks for all your efforts to keep this board what it was intended to be.

Anu says: Please send my virtual cheers to Dr. Bill! AWADtalk is a better, more knowledgeable place because of him.

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/14/03 09:25 PM
Dr Bill, you have been an indefatigable upholder of this board, through good and bad times. How fitting you should reach this big ol' number on the eve of AWADtalk's third birthday. (does this free you of the Carpal Tunnel qualification? I'll have to look).

Rubrick is away for St Patrick's Day weekend (in Ireland, imagine that!) but he asked to convey his best wishes to you.

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/14/03 09:41 PM
Dear Dr. Bill, you say in your profile you have "no claim to fame"...well, this is just not so anymore! Your milestone here as AWADtalk's first 10,000 poster is an astonishing achievement and a throne upon which you can rest for quite some time before anybody else catches up to you!
Your work and dedication in keeping the board going through all the lulls and bumps is well-appreciated. And, for me, you are a treasured part of the AWADtalk "experience"! Keep 'em coming, Doc, keep 'em coming!

Posted By: Wordwind Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/14/03 09:41 PM
AND A HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS FROM ME, TOO, WWH!!

Ten times a thousand times every single word you've brought up here or researched?

Fantastigamaziphenomagnifispectaculaudelicious!

Your little friend,
WW

Posted By: wwh Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/14/03 10:05 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. I take no pride in the size of the number, which has resulted from the fact that it is my only form of recreation. I hope that nobody resents it.

Posted By: Wordwind Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/14/03 10:08 PM
Oh, pish-posh, Bill! 10,000 is a very nice number--I'd take 10,000 helpings of any very good thing. And your posts, witticisms, research, and focus on words are very good things, ten thousand times over--not to mention your occasional dip into unmentionables!

Posted By: Jackie Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/14/03 10:42 PM
And just whose unmentionables would those be, DubDub, hmm? Do we have a little special "inside" track, hmm?

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/14/03 10:47 PM
Congratulations, Bill!

somebody needs to talk to the wordsmith and have him create a new post count category. maybe call it "Doctor".

Posted By: Faldage Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/14/03 10:52 PM
Your resolve, your dedication, your scholarship have been essential to this board over the last few years. You deserve all the praise we can give you. Thank you, Dr Bill.

Posted By: sjm Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/14/03 11:02 PM
Well done indeed, Dr. Bill. Keep up the good work, and keep boldly going where no Carpal Tunnel has gone before - who knows what superlative sobriquets await you, AWADtalk's own WearilessWordHunter?

Posted By: Bean Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/14/03 11:31 PM
Darn it, leave the Board for a few hours to have supper, and I miss it! Congratulations, Dr. Bill! Your posts make the Board go 'round.

Posted By: tsuwm Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/14/03 11:50 PM
a tip of the wwftd hat to dr. bill, you ol' hijacker..

Posted By: wwh Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/15/03 12:08 AM
Dear rsuwm. The first thing I do each weekday is see if I can
somehow make a post about Today's Word. The second thing I do is see if I can find an excuse to hijack a word you have
pretended is worthless. I admire your ten years of devotion to word study far more than just the number of posts Jackie noticed. Let us all rejoice that the Board is getting back to what it was before the flamewar. What's good for Gneral Bull Moose is good for the USA.

Posted By: TEd Remington Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/15/03 12:53 AM
How amazing! And no one's commented on it, but we are VERY close to our 100,000th post, somewhere around 99,700 now. And over ten pecent of them by the good Doctor. I am in awe.

Edit: actually 99,748! We should hit 100,000 this weekend!
Posted By: belMarduk Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/15/03 01:21 AM
Wow Bill, 10,000 posts. That is truly amazing.

10,000 posts means you have touched the lives of people around you 10,000 times. To discuss, to agree or disagree, to laugh or inform, 10,000 times you've been part of this great family.

Here's to 10,000 more !!!

Posted By: Jackie Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/15/03 01:23 AM
the number of posts Jackie noticed. Actually, Dearest, it was Rubrick who first noticed, some weeks ago, though I'm not sure he'd want me to say so. He has been keeping up with your numbers faithfully, and it's just a shame that he had to be out of town for the big event. Several of us had been keeping watch since last night; I was merely granted the privilege of initiating the thread.

Posted By: wwh Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/15/03 01:37 AM
I thank you all again. And again, the number of posts shows only how much I enjoy reading your posts, and post only in the hope that I may induce all of you to post frequently. My love to you all. Bill

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/15/03 01:39 AM
"FOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD FELLOW, FOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD FELLOW, FOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD FE-EL-LOW!!! WHICH NOBODY CAN DENY!!"

Posted By: modestgoddess Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/15/03 02:08 AM
HIP HIP, HURRAH!
HIP HIP, HURRAH!
HIP HIP, HURRAH!

(repeat 10,000 times!)

Congratulations, Unca' Bill! Like WW, I too would gladly take 10,000 servings of something really good.... It couldn't have been done by a nicer fella.

We love you, Dr Bill!

Posted By: emanuela Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/15/03 06:05 AM
Congratulations even from me, dear Bill
(still a carpal tunnel, anyway!)

Posted By: maahey Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/15/03 06:12 AM
What a thread to be late on...aaarrrrghh

Dear Dr.Bill, Heartfelt congratulations to you!!! It is not a mean feat that, and your dedication is inspiring. I will never tire of saying this: I have learnt a lot in a short time from you, Dr.Bill, and I am truly grateful. Thank you.
Eta, am singing lustily with you.....

Posted By: bonzaialsatian Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/15/03 12:03 PM
WOW! 10,000 posts!! Many congratulations and may I also express my thanks for your hugely knowledgable and varied contributions, from which I have learnt a lot!

Posted By: Bingley Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/15/03 12:06 PM
No matter what you say, Dr. Bill, it really is great milestone. You are an example to us all of what persistence through good times and bad can achieve.

Bingley
Posted By: magimaria Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/15/03 03:22 PM
Dr. Bill,

Even though I've been away for awhile, I always check in to see what you are up to! Thank you for all the interesting ideas and thoughts you have shared with all of us! The board would not be the same without you!

xo magimaria

Posted By: Coffeebean Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/15/03 05:33 PM
Here's to AWADtalk's own WearilessWordHunter, from whom I have also learned much in such a short acquaintance. Thank you, Dr. Bill!

keep dem posts coming!

Posted By: consuelo Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/15/03 11:07 PM
ˇFelicidades, Dr. Bill! It has been a pleasure to know you and I hope you continue posting 'till long after the cows (or hippos ) come home.
Paz y amor
Connie

Posted By: nancyk Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/16/03 12:45 AM
I'm always a day late and a dollar short, Dr. Bill. Congratulations on being the first to reach that 10,000 post milestone! And thank you for being here and playing such a big part in shaping the character of our beloved Board while keeping us on the wordtrack.

Posted By: musick Credit due - 03/16/03 04:44 PM
Thank you, Dr Bill.

Posted By: wwh Re: Credit due - 03/16/03 07:17 PM
Dear musick, entirely as a jest, my old Yankee motto is,
take the cash and let the credit go.
I am grateful to all the members who make this a fun
place to be. I just hope I've paid my dues.

Posted By: Capfka Re: Credit due - 03/16/03 10:45 PM
Haven't received the cheque in the mail, yet, Bill, but congratulations from me and my alter ego, CapK, anyway!

- Pfranz
Posted By: GallantTed Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/16/03 11:13 PM
Howya Dr Bill

Fair play ta ya!

When yer maken yer acceptince speech ya can start off by tellen everyone about the farmer what won the reward fer been outstanden in his own field. Then ya can mention the other farmer who, on recieven a reward fer been the bestest dairy farmer said, "I owe me success ta udders".

With this been such a auspicious occassion, I won't charge ya fer this time them antidotes.

Be seein ya

GT

Posted By: wwh Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/16/03 11:23 PM
Dear GT: I have stood out in a few fields, but mostly to rest my back from hoeing. I have
had success in extracting milk from some tight nippled udders. I wish you had been able to
suggest an effective antidotage. That's what I need. Thanks, Bill

Posted By: GallantTed Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/16/03 11:26 PM
Howya Dr Bill

Antidotage - that's a good one alltagather. I'll seenile what I can do fer ya.

It's the way ya tells em, ya know.

Be seein ya

GT

Posted By: JohnHawaii Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/17/03 12:40 AM
"...rest my back from hoeing."

I be going to leave dat one alone and just add my congratulations for this 10K milestone.

Posted By: wwh Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/17/03 01:05 AM
Dear JH: It has been a relief to see a gratifying number of members indicate that my
caoesthes scribendi has not been a millstone around their collective necks. Thanks, Bill

Posted By: dxb Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/17/03 08:38 AM
Dear wwh, at least I can be first on Monday to say congratulations Perfessor! Please keep on making us stretch our minds. Thank you for all of it.

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/17/03 10:39 AM
Dag Nab it! I can't even manage to be the first on Monday !!
Bill - hearty congratulations for this auspicious milestone (not mill-stone, at all, at all) and many thanks for the hours of pleasure and laughter that your posts have given to me and to so many others. May you keep posting for a long time yet.

all the best from your friend,
Hilary
the
RhubarbCommando

Posted By: wwh Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/17/03 01:21 PM
Dear dxb & RC: I shall endeavor to deserve your much valued kind words. More by PM. Bill

Posted By: vika Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/17/03 01:48 PM
Congratulations, Dr. Bill

what I love most about you is that you always wellcome strangers and used to be one of them

Posted By: wwh Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/17/03 02:15 PM
Dear vika: I was especially glad to have you join us, as you have knowledge and talent we badly need. Thank you for your kind words. Bill

Posted By: Rubrick Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/18/03 11:46 AM
Dear Dr. Bill,

I'm back from my wee celebrations over the weekend (minus a few million braincells give-or-take) just to wish you all the best on the way to you 20,000th! And (if this thread is anything to go by) you might just make it in half the time it took to reach this one!

All the best,

Rubrick

Posted By: Bobyoungbalt Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/25/03 02:49 AM
Bill, I add my congratulations and best wishes to all those which have got themselves on the board in good time. I have to say that I have an excuse for being so late -- I was away from Mar. 13 to Mar. 19 in Key West for my youngest son's wedding and when I got back found such an accumulation of unread posts that I have just now got around to looking, and found you had hit the mark.

My dear friend, your steadfastness in promoting the best of what this forum has to offer is what has endeared you to us, even though you are a cantankerous old coot.

Seriously though, you may modestly claim that this accomplishment is due to the fact that it's your only pastime; but if so, we are the lucky ones that you picked this particular site.

VIVAT DOCTOR GUGLIELMUS !!! VIVAT!!! VIVAT!!!

Posted By: stales Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/25/03 12:38 PM
Bewdy Doc - fair dinkum mate, that's one helluvan effort you've made there.

Thank you for the fact that you often think of interesting snippets to send me and no doubt many others on our special subjects. I look forward to to viewing many of the next 10,000.

stales

Posted By: Rapunzel Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/25/03 01:00 PM
Congratulations on your AWAD milestone, Uncle Bill! It's nice to come back after a longish hiatus and see one of my favorite poster's name in lights. No one deserves it more than you do-- thanks for all that you bring to this board.

Posted By: rav Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/30/03 04:12 PM
i overslept. as usual. but my congratulations.

Posted By: milum Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 03/31/03 04:31 AM
Bill. In some esoteric ways I think that your life began when you began to post on the Awad internet. Your honesty, your unpretentious thoughts, and your stories of an examined life well lived, have given me and many others pause to think about what lives we should ourselves live...(well maybe not) But anyway, thank you. You are a fellow that God has given to be a wonderful gift to others. Thank God and may God bless you, and I bet my bottom dollar he will. ...

Your friend and admirer,

Milo.

Posted By: jmh Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 04/01/03 03:08 PM
Just thought that I would drop in to say "Congratulations and Jubilations" - the board would not have been the same without you Dr Bill.

Posted By: TheFallibleFiend Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 04/01/03 03:38 PM

Heya, Bill,

Well done, sir!

Been really busy these days and I almost never peer into this particular cranny, but by pure chance I stumbled on this thread. Your posts are informative, funny, and delightful.

k

Posted By: of troy Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 04/01/03 07:52 PM
Moving (i have finally moved into my new digs)has keep me away from my computer (and my daughters), and each topic had so many new threads, and unread posts...I almost didn't stop here in I & A, but i too am pleased to offer you congratulations.

Your contributions have made this better place... and i still haven't had a chance to get 'below the fold' and find all the new words you have posted in the past 2 weeks! but i will. Thank you, you dear, dear man.

Posted By: hev Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 04/03/03 05:24 AM
Well, I've been absent for quite some time from the board (and can't say as I'll be frequenting any more regularly in the near future either) but coming back it's obvious I've missed quite a bit. Dr Bill turning 10,000 for one thing.

Congratulations Bill!!!!

Thanks, Jackie & Rubrick et al who were busy watching the counter!

Posted By: wwh Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 04/03/03 01:14 PM
Dear milum,jmh,FF,and of troy:
Some messages I have answered by PM.
But the above group merits a joint reply.
From THIS APRIL FOOL

Posted By: wow Re: CONGRATULATIONS, DR. BILL - 04/05/03 02:34 PM
Dear Dr. Bill:
A bit late but nonetheless .... congratulations! Or - as you may remember - is said around Boston's environs :
Good on ya' Laddie!
Blessings - and hopes for another 10,000 from the High Priestess, WOW, with a deep bow and salute!