Wordsmith.org
I just wanted to share with the AWAD family here that I got engaged this morning. :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!

in the morning, eh? 'nuff said...

Con-indeed-gratulations! May you always be happy together.

That's great news, Alex! I'm happy for both of you.

Congratulations Alex!

I'm glad I missed the last announcement and happy I spotted this one!

stales

Posted By: wow Re: a much happier announcement than my last one - 02/27/03 02:17 PM
Who is the lucky lady? You will have to bring her aBoard! My best wishes to her and congratulations to you.
When is the wedding? You can't just leave this old newshen hanging without details, man, details!!!!
OH FRABJOUS DAY! Hurray!
Aloha

Thanks for all the good wishes. No details or specifics yet to provide.

Posted By: dxb Re: a much happier announcement than my last one - 02/27/03 03:08 PM
Congratulations!

And my congratulations to you, too, Alex! Was the proposal over-easy or waffles?

A lovely way to start the day, Alex! Congratulations, and every happiness to both of you.

Well isn't she the lucky one. I thought I noticed a smile in your voice of late.

Hey! I got a great idea! A June honeymoon in the Emerald Isles at the upcoming Wordapalooza. Yeah, we could all bunk together and save a buck! (See Rhuby and Rubrick for details).

Congratulations Alex.
Congratulations Misses Future Williams, I'm sure you verify what we all know here -- Alex Williams has very good taste.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! CONGRATULATIONS, Sweetie! May the two of you have a lifetime of happiness together. With only just enough bad times to ensure that you appreciate the good times. Love, love, LOVE!

Many congrats. Hope there's always a word a day and never a cross word for you both.

Bingley
Congratulations Alex! May love and kindness follow you both through all your days together.
Connie

Congratulations, Alex! May your love and happiness be everlasting. Found a little something from my book of quotations, for the occassion:

The voice that breathed o’er Eden,
That earliest wedding-day,
The primal marriage blessing,
It hath not passed away.
- Holy Matrimony (1857 hymn), John Keble, 1792-1866
English clergyman; leader of the Oxford Movement

Re: No details or specifics yet to provide.

what? you don't know who are are engaged to?
Don't you think you ought to find out? do you know anything about your bride to be?
like, is she a wordee too? or are you keeping your addiction here a secret?

Congratuatlations

How lovely -- congratulations!

Absolute 'gratters, ol' boy! Well done.

May your married life be as fruitful and happy as mine has been -

(says he with all the authority accrued by 40 years of happy marriage) [ anniversary in 20 days time. Our Rhuby Wedding, no less!!] )

In reply to:

what? you don't know who are are engaged to?
Don't you think you ought to find out? do you know anything about your bride to be?
like, is she a wordee too? or are you keeping your addiction here a secret?

You've discovered my secret: she's a mail-order bride. ;)

Congratulations, Alex!

you've given this single gal hope: Hey, some of them DO get engaged! ("them" being the good ones!)

Happy news - may you share a long and blissful life together!

...she's a mail-order bride.

WOW! How much postage did it cost to mail her?

'Grats.

Many thanks to all for your good wishes!

Posted By: rav Re: a much happier announcement than my last one - 03/03/03 08:13 PM
wow..
late as usual but congratulations

Congratulations.

The discussions below, though, remind me of a cartoon I have hanging up. A man is talking to a man sitting at a computer: "You married someone you met on the internet? Cool. I'd like to meet her."

The groom replies, "So would I, we're trying to arrange it now."

This is, of course, near ad dear to my heart because my beloved Peggy and I met on the internet.

my son met his wife over the internet, they both posted to the same sites(usergroup sites) , and she liked his web page...(now down, and say a word of praise, otherwise i would be referring to it every week!)

and we've had our own internet match up here, too...

© Wordsmith.org