Wordsmith.org
Posted By: TEd Remington WAP Update - 02/13/03 12:10 PM
I got my tickets last night, and thought I'd pass on a tip, though it may be too late. British Airways is having a sale. In the June timeframe, for example, prices from Denver are over $100 less than they were two weeks ago. I got our tickets for less than $700 each. That compares quite favorably to the $825 I paid in June of 91.

Too bad we didn't plan on meeting over St. Patrick's Day -- RT from Denver to Shannon is less than $300!!! $149 each way.

I spent two hours on hold trying to pay for my tickets, and ended up driving to Denver International to pay or them within the 48-hour window they said they would hold the tickets. I had opted to pay offline because I had hoped for a better deal. Silly me!

We arrive on June 9 and leave on the 26th.

I am SO looking forward to this!

Posted By: Wordwind Re: WAP Update - 02/13/03 12:20 PM
I've been eyeballing Orbitz and Aer Lingus for several weeks now. By traveling on Sundays/Mondays, the rates look best. Although both ways of purchase do spike to almost 700, usually on weekends, during the week each one drops to about $460. Forget booking for Saturday flights--those cost quite a bit more.

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: Emerald WAP - still vacancies - 02/14/03 04:21 PM
I'm also looking forward to this, TEd. Rubrick and I are beginning to start the planning process, and we will undoubtedly be inviting you-all to share some of this. I'll be contacting those who are definitely coming by PM or e-mail to keep you updated, as and when there is anything to tell you.

In the meantime - there are still places available for late-comers. This is not an exclusive affair: all ayleurs or AWADers or whatever you wish to call yourselves are welcome.

Just contact me or rubrick by PM to get the full details.

© Wordsmith.org