Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Rosten Charges made - 07/02/02 10:17 PM
This is keiva speaking. I use this name because I am unable to posts under the name keiva; whether due to the site or to my computer I do not know.

In recent days several people have, in various phraseology, described me as being seriously mentally disturbed. Retractions have been demanded from some of these people.

=====================================

I request and demand of AnnaStrophic and Bobyoungbalt that they retract all statements they made regarding my mental condition, particularly those in the thread at
http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=73137

I request and demand of modestgoddess and wwh that they retract all statements they made accusing me of "blackmail" and of "extortion", each of which are criminal acts.

The above refers specifically but without limitation to the following posts:
AnnaStrophic's posts #73904 and #73906 on Thu June 20, at 12:39:06 and at 13:05:07
Bobyoungbalt's post #73846 on Wed June 19 at 23:07:37
modestgoddess's post #75107 today at 12:48:32
wwh's posts: too numerous to to itemize conveniently

Posted By: wwh Re: Charges made - 07/03/02 12:39 AM
Dear Rosten (kowski?) I cheerfully retract remarks about your having used extortion and
blackmail. I will merely assert that you are unwelcome to post in AWADtalk.

However the circumstances suggested very strongly that you misbehaved in a very
contemptible way.

Posted By: consuelo Re: Charges made - 07/03/02 12:58 AM
I am Sparticus.

Posted By: modestgoddess Re: Charges made - 07/03/02 02:41 AM
Dear Rosten (kowski?) I cheerfully retract remarks about your having used extortion and blackmail. I will merely assert that you are unwelcome to post in AWADtalk.

However the circumstances suggested very strongly that you misbehaved in a very contemptible way.

(borrowing Bill's words to convey my own sentiment)

Let us go in peace to love and serve the board.
Posted By: milum Re: Charges made and Countered. - 07/03/02 07:04 AM
Now there you go again Chicago,
attempting to intimidate by legalities the good and far fetched folk who you would have about as much chance to extradite as a citizen of Mars.

Hey, I agree that some of the good citizens of this board have been flaming (oh how I hate that word) and are intemperate in words and thought. Big deal! Tough shit! Your own guarded but still inflammatory remarks preclude libel action.
I wonder. Why does a man with a brilliant mind beat dead horses?
Best of luck Keiva, your adversaries are a motley crew, but to your misfortune you come across as motlier.

Best wishes,
Milo

Posted By: of troy Re: Charges made - 07/03/02 12:01 PM
as person with no background in science, any comments i might have made about Keiva's mental state, would have no standing.. but should any one be laboring under the impression my public opinion of him is sound medical diagnois, will hereby cheerfull retract.

that i person think Keiva is an unhanded, slimey bully remains unchanged, and perhaps re-enforceds by his clear statement that he wished to cause harm to many who post here. I personal think he give a bad name to lawyers.

he's is a welcome here as pile of manure in the hot summer sun.

Posted By: wwh Re: Charges made - 07/03/02 12:46 PM
Keiva: I will re-phrase things.
1 . We never ;had a flame war until you became a member.
2. It got so bad Wordsmith made Jackie administrator with power to ban offenders.
3. Sweet reasonable Jackie banned you.
4. You called Wordsmith and "persuaded" him to re-instate you.
5. It seems highly probable your "persuasion" consisted of making him aware
that he might be in jeopardy of a lawsuit. Such "persuasion" is so close
to intimidation that it resembles blackmail and extortion.
6, You are not and never will be welcome on AWADtalk.

Posted By: Fiberbabe Charge of the Blight Brigade - 07/03/02 01:30 PM
Keiva -

I am astonished that someone whose stated occupation would indicate the completion of law school has so little grounding in the fundamental tenets of libel law. Libel, as explained by Internet Law Focus (http://www.wave.net/immigration/lawyer/libel.html), is:

"(T)he publication of a false statement, (and is not a privileged communication) which injures one's business or personal reputation. A plaintiff who sues for Libel must prove all of the above and be able to demonstrate some type of resulting damage."

Libel does *not* cover the expression of opinion in a forum such as this. It is my opinion that you are a capering halfwit whose incessant blathering is worth no more than the excretia of an encephalitic toad. That's not libel, it's just my opinion. It just so happens that I suspect more than a handful of people in this forum would agree with that opinion.

It's one thing to be libeled, have material harm come to you, and to defend yourself using the court system. It's quite another thing to use the threat of lawsuits to silence dissent, discourse, disagreement, and the expression of opinion; that's called censorship. This court of public opinion has spoken, and you haven't been listening.

Posted By: modestgoddess Re: Charge of the Blight Brigade - 07/03/02 01:51 PM
God Bless Fiberbabe! hurrah!

Posted By: snoot Re: Charges made - 07/03/02 01:53 PM
Dear Rosfive, I cheerfully retract remarks I never made about your having used extortion and blackmail. I will merely assert that you are unwelcome to post in AWADtalk and that you are, in my opinion, criminally "creepy" (thanks tsuwm).

The Lone Haranguer
Posted By: modestgoddess Re: Charges made - 07/03/02 02:01 PM
"Rosfive" - I like the demotion. Did you think of it because Fiberbabe called him a "capering halfwit"?!

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Charges made - 07/03/02 02:18 PM
I think what bothers me most is the obvious delight in which you are dealing with this issue. it has become a game at how rude you can be. no matter what happened before, you have all forgotten the golden rule.

Posted By: wwh Re: Charges made - 07/03/02 02:39 PM
Dear etaoin: I take no delight in telling Keiva hs is unwelcome here.
It is simply that I cannot forgive him for hurting Jackie, who had
been his friend until he found he could not use her.

Posted By: of troy Re: Charges made - 07/03/02 02:47 PM
etaoin, some here have wonder why KEIVA was not wanted, and what is was that made him persona non grata.. and now, he uses legal language, in an attempt to silence us.

this thread which he labels Charges made, is about typical. almost from the day he started here, he desided to appoint himself as arbitrator of what was rude, and demanded apologies for rude behaviour. but much of what he labeled rude was word play and fun..

FiberBabe, long, long ago explained her interterst in textiles.. but we persist in teasing her and making all bran jokes.. this is not rude. and if some behaviour did bother her, i am sure, she would send a PM to someone, mention she didn't like it, and it would stop.. She doesn't need KEIVA or anyone else going about saying "its rude, you must stop". KEIVA doesn't, and never did like us here.. and he waged months and months of campaigns to try to reform us. I joined knowing that word play, puns, irony, literal reading of things (have you seen the literal reading in the When i was five thread, over in AWAD in Schools? it is so funny!) are the way that things are here.. No one forces me to be here.. and i do not think i and others should be forced to change my behaviour to meet the needs of a single person. If he doesn't like it here, let him leave.

Keiva is not wanted here, and doesn't like our behavior.. but he persist in coming here day after day, to say it.. and he persist in complaining about us..

for months, we let him rant and rave, and slowly, over time, any one who liked him, found themselves liking him less and less...

we endured month of his rude behavior before we started to act as we have begun to do..

i see his demands.. but where are his apologies? for what he did to Anu Garg, or what he did to Jackie, or for his rude use of an anagram of AnnaStrophic's name? where are his aplogies for his rude behavior to women? where are his retractions? He would have you beleive that traveling 600 miles in a weekend to be less than 20 mile from the location of a party that he was not invited to is normal, (not crazy) and not an idication of stalking..

I have a great deal of trouble reconsiling that information.
I can't understand how it could be seen as anything but irrational (to travel 600 miles to be someplace you are not wanted) or stalking (traveling 600 miles, in an attempt to gain information about a gathering you were not welcome to attend, by secretly meeting with a person who was invited to attend).

and i am distressed that this person is still here... if it were my decision, KEIVA, and all the names he post as, would be barred.

Posted By: Rosten Re: Charges made - 07/03/02 05:50 PM
he persist in complaining ... for months, we let him rant and rave

Disagreeing in part:

I agree with you that ranting and raving are inappropriate and that they should, if extreme enough, be grounds for dismissal. I agree that various people have ranted and raved, repeatedly.

I do not agree that I am among those ravers. My comments have been far milder than those leveled at me and others.
[Examples are readily available.]

Posted By: wwh Re: Charges made - 07/03/02 05:54 PM
Keiva: Nobody is interested in your crap
You are unwelcome to post in AWADtalk.

Posted By: Rosten Re: Charges made - 07/03/02 06:04 PM
In reply to:

"My comments have been far milder than those leveled at me"
and wwh's response:
Keiva: Nobody is interested in your crap

Q.E.D.

Posted By: wwh Re: Charges made - 07/03/02 06:32 PM
Keiva: You are unwelcome to post in AWADtalk.

Posted By: of troy Re: Charges made - 07/03/02 06:36 PM
Keiva started to set up standards (his standards, to remeady a problem he percieved) back in Oct.
That is, he started a thread to champion his cause.. before that, he was just posting in threads other started.. this was just 3 months after he registered at AWAD talk.
http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=44813

By February, many were no longer responding to his posts, and he had established sock puppets to sing his chorus.
By April, he had established AphonicRants, and many wanted him him banned, and now, 3 months later, he is claiming it hasn't been months...

Remember, his claim of being reasonable, are from a man who claimed it was reasonable for him to travel 600 in a weekend to be with in 20 mile of a party he wasn't invited to, and that it was unreasonable to call this stalking.
and this same man claims to be reasonable when he starts a thread Charges made, and implies that he plans to make or press charges. Keiva idea of reasonable is that everything he does is reasonable..

© Wordsmith.org