Wordsmith.org
Posted By: GallantTed HEADS WILL ROLE - 04/15/02 10:50 PM
Howye fokes

Yes indeed, heads will role now that GTed is a member. At last I'm in the gang. I can't wait ta learn the secret handshake. I'll be sitten at the top table eaten me dinner from now on, slurpen me soup in style and runnen with the in crowd.

All them strangers, newbies and especilly them pesky journeymen will be looken up ta me and hangen off me every word. I'll have ta brush up on me patronisen skills ta deal with them. When do the classes start? Soon I hope - I can feel them breeden down me neck already.

Yes fokes, GTed, along with all them heads, is on a role.

Be seein ya

GallantTed (MEMBER)

PS is it true that from now on me posts can be read by appointmint only? Get booken so.

Posted By: Angel Re: HEADS WILL ROLE - 04/15/02 11:01 PM
Ted! Congratulations!!!!

Posted By: GallantTed Re: HEADS WILL ROLE - 04/15/02 11:06 PM
Howya Angel

Thanks a millin. Can't talk now - the press is outside waiten ta take me photysnap.

Be seein ya

GallantTed (MEMBER)

Posted By: belMarduk Re: HEADS WILL ROLE - 04/15/02 11:22 PM
Bien congrats to you GTed.

Your membership kit is speeding on its way to you as we speak. Enclosed you shall find a handy-dandy decoder ring to figure out what all them English-American folks are trying to say (e.g. didja means did you, yall means you all) along with your official “grammar geek” badge to be worn proudly at all official gatherings.

Posted By: GallantTed Re: HEADS WILL ROLE - 04/15/02 11:36 PM
Howya BelMarduk

I'll have the postman stalked waiten fer me kit. Thanks a millin - I'm fierce excited altagather.

Be seein ya

GallantTed

Posted By: modestgoddess Re: HEADS WILL ROLE - 04/16/02 01:47 AM
Ooh GTed - I looked up to yez even when I wuz lookin down on yez frum de heady heights of MEMBERship. Congratcherlashuns!

ye gods, it's catchin'

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: HEADS WILL ROLE - 04/16/02 01:54 AM
Well, GT, me boy! Sure 'tis grand ta see ya finally have a full member...er, extended your boardship to memberhood...oh, heck, I'm so rapturous at your advancement that the words are befuddlin' me...but I'm guessin' you can guess what I'm after?

Good to see your posts a-growin'! Good to have you here!

Your Happy Epeolatrist!
Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: HEADS WILL ROLE - 04/16/02 12:57 PM
Cor, Stone the flippin' crows, guv. A gorblimey MEMBER, ey?
Next fing yer knows, yer'll be a b------g haddic!

Congratulations, GT - thank goodness for the sense of dedication and intelligent criticism that you blow through this board!

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: HEADS WILL ROLE - 04/16/02 05:02 PM
Congratulations, GT - thank goodness for the sense of dedication and intelligent criticism that you blow through this board!

Oh, is that what Ted's doing? Couldn't make it out for that thick Oirish accent, meownsel'!

Posted By: milum Re: HEADS WILL ROLE - 04/16/02 08:15 PM
Happy Membership To You Brother Ted.
May your days be gallant and your knights as well.

Ahh yes! The good old days, back before the new Secret-Decoder-Rings and back when the good young Jackie was just another cute-chick-up-the-block.

How well I remember my days as a Member- I call them my - don't laugh - my Memberies.

We were a tight-nitpicking group, the guys were all good-looking, well-dressed and intelligent, and the chicks were all out for a good time -not that they didn't have high morals, but let's just say that their parameters were broad.

Good Luck to you Gallant Ted, I raise a glass to the hope that you have as much fun as we did.

Posted By: Keiva Re: HEADS WILL ROLE - 04/16/02 09:10 PM
let's just say that their parameters were broad.

Giving new meaning to the line from South Pacific: She is broad where a broad should be broad.

Posted By: GallantTed Re: HEADS WILL ROLE - 04/17/02 09:42 PM
Howye fokes

Fer yer infermation - I have a announcement ta make(this comment is just ta keep me back covered)

I'll tell ye, I'm shaken in me fur writen this, afraid that someone will give out ta poor Ted fer posten in the wrong section. Anyways, as me manners always come furst, and as a Member I have ta show a good example ta them journeymen, I felt that I just had ta thank everyone fer their good wishes on me becomin a member.

Thank ye all very much and fer yer wishes. And fer them what do be questionen me intillict - just remember that intelligince is nothin more than a state of mind.

Be seein ya

GallantTed

PS Is this the right section if ya want ta announce yer burthday or somethin like that? Also, I've just been released from prison after five days hard labour worken in Goldilock's sweat factory where she had me maken silk purses outa sows' ears. Where will I put that?

Posted By: GallantTed Suggestion - 04/17/02 09:53 PM
Howye again fokes

A taught just struck me. How about starten a Denouncemint of Misinfermation section? Mabee that could solve some of our* problems.

Be seein ya

GallantTed

*used very loosy - but I am a Member now after all.

Posted By: jmh Re: Where to put it? - 04/17/02 10:12 PM
Ted

You will allow us a little hesitation. We are not really used to having teddy bears in our midst and we were so concerned about you after the Goldilocks fiasco that we failed to point out that really I&E isn't the place. I think that Miscellany would be good and you are quite right to suggest that you seek out another location for your thoughts, however fascinating.

Delightful to hear from you.

Kind regards

Jo

Posted By: musick Denouncemint of Misinfermation - 04/18/02 03:04 PM
OK o'Gallant one, here it is. Denounce all the misinformation you want, just make sure you get *right, cuz if you don't it may very well *have to be moved to Miscellany, or worse yet, Wordplay and Fun.

...some of our* problems

I see you're using the *preferred method of asterisking. They way I use it is: at the beginning of a word to note the meaning is subject to another whole discussion (possibly one that has already taken place) - or - the meaning of the word is *clearly understood by yours truly differently than most of the rest of the planet.

I hope that bit of *information helps your 'membership' grow. I'll reserve *defining the various types and usages of quotation marks for someone, no, anyone else!

Hey Juan, didja notice how he spelt 'looselee'?

Posted By: jmh Re: I see now - 04/18/02 03:11 PM
our*

I thought it was *problems - obviously missed the significabilty of the space! ;-)

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: Denouncemint of Misinfermation - 04/18/02 03:57 PM
Hey Juan, didja notice how he spelt 'looselee'?
or "loosy"?

Yeah, he must've been reading too many of your posts!

And who's Juan?

The Only WO'N!
Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: Denouncemint of Misinfermation - 04/18/02 07:59 PM
Well, if it's not you, it must be one of the Corleones. Where's the Don, Juan?

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: Denouncemint of Misinfermation - 04/18/02 08:10 PM
That's Don WO'N...to more ladies on more continents than your ears of envy would like to hear, sir.

The Only WO'N!
Posted By: GallantTed Re: Denouncemint of Misinfermation - 04/18/02 08:52 PM
Howye fokes

I feel it's me duty as a Member ta have ta pick ye up on a few pints.

Furstly, me use of the word "loosy" was a genwine typen error and should have read "loosly". I think ye might be getten a biteen pendantic - worser than a milestone around me neck.

Second, I used the asterick as a foot note - ta clarify me use of the word "our" - just in case the AWAD pleece might think that I was taken liberties, although I'm quite sure that it's a Members privlige ta feel included and ta fret over the welfare of this forem.

Ya know, the responsibility of been a Member is beginnin ta effect me nerves. Is there any way ya can re-apply ta become a journeyman again?

Be seein ya

GallantTed

Don WO'N...to more ladies on more continents than your ears of envy would like to hear, sir.

The pen is mightier than this AWAD?

Posted By: musick Re: Denouncemint of Misinfermation - 04/18/02 11:05 PM
GallantTed says:

...pick ye up on a few pints.

Now yer talkin' my languidge!

Just so you don't feel like yer *devolving, I thought I'd let you know that it's a long running (inside) joke between Juan and I over *his spelling of the werd 'lose'. Sorry for being such an *public exhibitionist.

However, I did want to make *sure, for the good of all those (Members and Newbies alike) who don't have time to dig through old graves, that yall *know what I mean when I 'sterick it to ya. Fret no more.

Don WO'N -- The pen is mightier than this AWAD?

Only the hand that erases can write the true thing.

--Meister Eckhardt

The Only WO'N!
© Wordsmith.org