Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Jackie Excuse me again, but... - 03/23/02 02:13 AM
Folks, I have been noticing for some time now that we seem to be drifting away from language-related posts. I have been particularly concerned that Q & A, which we at one time more or less decided should be kept apart for serious word posts, is about as full of joking as any of the other categories. (Though my concern is not for myself but for the ones who asked for this.)

This is not a complaint, just an observation. I do miss the way it used to be, but I also know that everything changes. If most people are happy with it the way it is, so be it. If anyone wants to post their thoughts or opinions, go right ahead. But I was just thinking that, IF we are going to pull it back to being a language bulletin board, we ought to start thinking about it now, because if we let it get much further away, I'm afraid it might be too late.

Posted By: Keiva Re: a good point - 03/23/02 12:04 PM
I recall that Elizabeth was making a special effort to start word-related threads, and that I thought this was a wise idea. Elizabeth, let's redouble our efforts in that line.

Posted By: wwh Re: a good point - 03/23/02 02:51 PM
I too should be very happy to see more posts about words. Many members read a lot, and must encounter unusual words, or words used in unsual ways that could make interesting posts.

© Wordsmith.org