Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Max Quordlepleen . - 01/10/02 01:07 AM
Posted By: stales Re: Pictures of Mav in the Bath! - 01/10/02 01:57 AM
Mr & Mrs stales visited Bath in 1986 - what a pretty and historic place!

Our other memory of Bath is that the McDonald's there had the worst service of any we ate at in Europe!! (As a tongue in cheek "thing" we decided before we left Oz that we'd have a Big Mac in every country we visited). Have I mentioned that I recently lost the 18kg/40lbs I'd put on since then - no doubt the legacy of this sort of eating behaviour!!

stales

Posted By: maverick Re: Pictures of Mav in the Bath! - 01/10/02 11:18 AM
The photos he took in Bath...

Well, not all of them Max - I left out the naked fire-eater/acrobat who was performing outside the pump room, and the drunken party the night before....

Posted By: Angel Re: Pictures of Mav in the Bath! - 01/10/02 12:07 PM
I left out the naked fire-eater/acrobat who was performing outside the pump room, and the drunken party the night before....

Hey! You left out the best ones! What I wanna know is...would that acrobat picture have been any good at demonstrating "stotting"? HMMMM????? Of course, I ask for a purely board related reason!

Posted By: Jazzoctopus Re: Pictures of Mav in the Bath! - 01/10/02 03:37 PM
the pump room

Ok, I just read Northanger Abbey for a class I'm taking and I wondered the whole time what the heck a pump room is. Could you explain? If not I guess I can just wait until I go there for spring break.

Posted By: Faldage Re: Pictures of Mav and the fire eater - 01/10/02 03:51 PM
JazzO wonders what the heck a pump room is.

I don't suppose it's the room with the pump in it.

Posted By: musick Re: Pictures of Mav in the Bath! - 01/10/02 04:39 PM
Sorry JazzO, ya gotta be 21 and wearing a jacket ta get in the Pump Room here...

http://www.pumproom.com/history.html

.., but you'd enjoy the music. Some of the best cats I've ever played with!

Posted By: Faldage Re: Pictures of Mav and the fire eater - 01/10/02 04:51 PM
Well, golly! Looks like I was right!

http://www.pisle.com/bathweb/history/pump.html

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: Pictures of Mav and the fire eater - 01/10/02 10:23 PM
Well, golly! Looks like I was right!

Surprise, surprise! Actually, Bath was quite fashionable during the Regency period and they held dances at the pump room. Be a bit annoying for the bathers, I'd have thought.

© Wordsmith.org