Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 08/08/01 03:00 AM
Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: A new treat - 08/08/01 03:42 AM
Sorry Max, doesn't work. Have you put the page in the correct folder?

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 08/08/01 05:36 AM
Posted By: Bingley Re: A new treat - 08/08/01 07:36 AM
Sorry, Max I still only get the page not found message.

Bingley
Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 08/08/01 07:48 AM
Posted By: Bingley Re: A new treat - 08/08/01 08:16 AM
Max, if I click on your link to the gallery it works fine.

If I try to add the extra bit onto the main AWADabilia page myself, I get the page not found message.

Bingley
Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: A new treat - 08/08/01 11:23 AM
I got to the page OK, but find no reference to caradea. Is she one and the same with teresag? (who I don't seem to have found anywhere else.) >>

<If so,> then I must have a tetch about the confusing-ness of using different names in different contexts. Have a little more respect for us ancient ones whose mental processes have slowed down.

<If not,> then, which one is the real caradea?

Posted By: Rapunzel Re: A new treat - 08/08/01 11:39 AM
and now, Bob's your uncle.

Actually, I think he's my grandfather!! Bobyoungbalt, you look almost exactly like my Grandpa Gierschick. I did a double-take when your picture came up.

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: A new treat - 08/08/01 12:18 PM
Sorry, still get 404ed.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: A new treat - 08/08/01 01:13 PM
the "G" in gallery is case-sensitive.

and max ~ you have *way* too much time on your hands, dear. but i'll happily admit that i rose to the bait*

* made me laugh with that one, as always.

Posted By: wow Re: Gallery url - 08/08/01 02:57 PM
Oh, goodie, Cap K and Bingley both having problems ... I got the 404 too, and this page cannot be displayed etc ... for once it ain't just me!
Oh, just so delighted to be in such distinguished computer-guru-company!
EDIT Got gallery by clicking link but no pic of Caradea. Boo hoo whacha' tryin' to do to us Max?
Clutching towel, awaiting next bulletin

Posted By: Bobyoungbalt Re: A new treat - 08/08/01 03:30 PM
I had it bookmarked with Gallery1 and got 502 notice. Changed it to Gallery4, still got 502 notice. I see I'm in good company.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: and BTW - 08/08/01 04:16 PM
so much for "i've removed the gallery from the site; email me in private for the new address", eh?

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 08/08/01 07:10 PM
Posted By: Bobyoungbalt Re: A new treat - 08/09/01 02:46 PM
Well, we're making progress. Today when I clicked on the link you say works, the page did open, instantaneously. However, not all the pictures download, including the most recent. The frame and title shows, but the frame is blank with the little red x in it. This is on all 4 pages. Clicking the "reload" button doesn't help. Isn't there some maori ceremony for exorcising electronic demons?

Posted By: of troy Re: A new treat - 08/09/01 04:05 PM
OK-- so what OS --(Operating system) are you using? (Windows? Mac OS? Unix? Linex? do you know?
and what browser? Netscape? which version? IE? AOL's browser? Spider? again, do you know?

AOL in its many forms does not support pictures as well as Netscape or IE (MS internet Explorer.) and Netscape and IE handle some HTML and XML differently --

any of you who have replies to your posts mailed to you have seen HTML-- on the board we use square brackets like {b} and {/b} for bold-- but when it is mailed to you it shows up as <font =b> or in the case of colors
<font color=white> the < > are HTML brackets..
HTML==Hyper Text Markup Language and XML is eXtended Markup Language

it is unfortunate-- when HTML was first divised-- it worked almost everywhere and the same everywhere-- but now..
It is a real pain to write a page that works in every browser-- and since Max is using a "web page" software generator --arachnophilia 4.0 it is even more difficult for him to make the pages "multi browser accessable..It would be worse if he use MS Front Page..

Web page generators are programs that allow you to "write" a page -- similar to creating a page on Word or Word Perfect-- and the soft ware "translates" all the details into an ML language. it makes it easy to creat a page-- but by relying on the software to create solutions, you often don't get Perfect ones--

Ok Max-- what browser do you use? we should try to use the same--and then we are more likely to see what you see..

Posted By: Fiberbabe Browsers - 08/09/01 05:39 PM
Helen spake> Ok Max-- what browser do you use? we should try to use the same--and then we are more likely to see what you see..

Well, I've tried IE, Netscape, Opera, Lynx, Links, w3m, Konqueror, Galeon, Mosaic, Mozilla, Amaya, and this new Pocket Rocket dealy, and I still don't see caradea's picture!!!

Posted By: Bobyoungbalt OS/Browser - 08/09/01 05:49 PM
I use WIN98 and MSIE. I can use Netscape.

edit after posting
I just tried going to the site with Netscape and it worked fine -- opened immediately and promptly downloaded all pics.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Browsers - 08/09/01 06:07 PM
>Well, I've tried [almost everything]...

even AoL (ha!) doesn't reveal her secret(s). [although there is still that nice shot of mav's fag/tag ends]

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 08/09/01 07:08 PM
Posted By: Marianna Re: Browsers - 08/09/01 07:36 PM
I think Mav's fag/tag/leek ends look like hooves, actually...

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 08/09/01 07:51 PM
Posted By: Fiberbabe Re: Browsers - 08/09/01 07:51 PM
Max explains: Sorry, people, that was a joke...

Come along now, Max. If I'm claiming to use umpteen browsers (including text-only ones...) and ing at you, I figured you'd safely know that I caught onto your joke! Just more prodding for Caradea!!!

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 08/09/01 08:13 PM
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Browsers - 08/09/01 08:21 PM
>I think Mav's fag/tag/leek ends look like hooves

hooves?!? we don' need no stink... oops wrong *tag line.
it's casual to the obvious observer that thems are aglets.
-ron

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Browsers - 08/09/01 09:05 PM
hooves? aglets?

and all this time i thought they were Wales' famous leeks

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: Browsers - 08/09/01 09:32 PM
I use Windows ME and Netscape, and I got in before CK's original response...and got all the pix except for Bobyoungbalt (red x) and, of course, no caradea!

© Wordsmith.org