Wordsmith.org
Posted By: wow Missing tags ?? - 06/27/01 02:14 PM
I get the "new" tags on the various forums but not IN the thread. Have to go by the dates.
Anyone else?

Posted By: Faldage Re: Missing tags ?? I got one question, wow - 06/27/01 02:24 PM
Huh?

Posted By: wwh Re: Missing tags ?? I got one question, wow - 06/27/01 02:36 PM
Double "Huh?"

Posted By: Jackie Re: Missing tags ?? - 06/28/01 12:55 AM
Mine show right in all the threads. I notice that they disappear from the Index page if I've looked at even one thread in a section, but if I then click on that section, all the other threads retain their "new" tags.

Posted By: Faldage Re: Missing tags ?? Comes the dawn! - 06/28/01 02:12 PM
In the threads the "new" tags will evaporate after some length of time. The cyber memory seems to assume that you have read a post if it has attained a "certain age" or either are never going to, one.

Posted By: wow Re: Missing tags ?? Comes the dawn! - 06/28/01 03:34 PM
..the "new" tags will evaporate after some length of time

Ah hA ~! Thanks Faldage, that explains it. I've been remiss keeping up ... real life intervenes.

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Missing tags ?? Comes the dawn! - 06/28/01 09:58 PM
Faldage splains: The cyber memory seems to assume that you have read a post if it has attained a "certain age" or either are never going to, one.

Nice work. I see y'all've been practicing y'all's SouthernSpeak.

Posted By: wow Re: The problem persists - 06/28/01 11:30 PM
Thought it was all cleared up ... all OK this morning Logged on in the evening and now ALL the "new" tags have disappeared ... in both the Main Index and in all categories - Wordplay, Miscellany et al ... and all the individual new posts.
Argh!

Posted By: Faldage Re: The problem persists - 06/29/01 01:57 PM
ALL the "new" tags have disappeared

I thought perhaps there was a way to set the timing on this in Edit Profile/Display Preferences but I looked and, alas, could find naught.

Posted By: Sparteye Re: The problem persists - 06/29/01 02:56 PM
wow - is it possible that you accidently deleted your AWAD cookie?

Posted By: wow Re: The problem persists - 06/29/01 04:16 PM
accidently deleted your AWAD cookie?

Not that easy I fear ... I have cleaned out my cookie cache frequently and never had this problem afterwards. {sigh} And I hadn't done it before the problem arose. And this morning the tags are all back again.
I give up.
Thank you all for the suggestions, it is so nice to be able to depend on your kindness. If you have any further advice please send a PM.
Aloha

Posted By: Jackie Re: The problem persists - 06/29/01 05:28 PM
What the heck is a cookie cache, please?

Posted By: jimthedog Re: The problem persists - 06/30/01 10:02 AM
If you press the control button, and press h, you gett a list of sites you've been to.

Posted By: Jackie Re: The problem persists - 06/30/01 11:12 AM
Thanks, jim.---I knew what my History is, and with some thought I can clear it out. Eventually I can even find and
clear my Temporary Internet Files (thanks, tsuwm). But I didn't know my computer has something called a cookie cache. Sparteye has helped me with that (thanks), and your
post is helpful also--the only thing I've known Control can do is let me delete more than one e-mail at a time.
Ignorance, thy name is Jackie.

© Wordsmith.org